How to get noticed?

82lt82

Visit site
I was just wondering if there is any way to get noticed? I'm 14 and would love the chance to be noticed by a professional (e.g Tim Stockdale). I'm hoping to start jumping affiliated soon and would love to be noticed by someone so I could achieve my dream of riding professionally :)
Thanks

Mrs B

Visit site
I was just wondering if there is any way to get noticed? I'm 14 and would love the chance to be noticed by a professional (e.g Tim Stockdale). I'm hoping to start jumping affiliated soon and would love to be noticed by someone so I could achieve my dream of riding professionally :)
Thanks

Work, work, work some more than work even harder. Forget 'who's watching me?' just get on with the graft, earn your place at the shows and if you're good enough, someone will notice you.

Lolo

Visit site
Be polite about everyone and everything, never say anything that could land you in trouble, it's ALWAYS your fault (never the horse's), ride whatever you're offered and be nice about it and always smile and thank people. That's what gets people recommending you, or at least if your name is mentioned they will only be able to say positives... After that, it's hard work and a lot of luck!

babymare

Visit site
Just damn hard work and forget getting noticed. just work hard for what you want. and not alway work with horses . maybe jobs to pay for lessons etc. its hard work but if you have "it " you will be noticed. good luck and i hope you find you dreams. x

BlairandAzria

Visit site
Friend all the top people on Facebook, I know Tim stockdale often advertises his work experience placements on his Facebook page first.

But then agree with everything lolo has written, hard work is a good foundation. Luck has a major part in it too.

I read Mary kings biography recently, not from a horsey family or a rich one, she worked 3/4 jobs at one time to pay for her horses and entry. I can't imagine the determination and drive she must have had back in those days when she was poor, exhausted and just starting out....but then look where she is now!

Good luck ;)

caseycat

Visit site
I've also seen Tim advertising work experience places on Facebook, and that was only a few weeks ago. Good luck.

Nightmare before Christmas

Visit site
Gosh ive been jumping all levels bsja for 10 years and would still like to be noticed!! Tim said hi today, does that count haha!

He advertises for work ex alot and when I asked about it I was told to keep emailing regulary. :)

If you also mean notices by coaches/sponsors just keep getting out there! I got noticed by a great coach years ago and thats been great. Also now have two sponsors which is a really good boost for confidence and motivation!

stacey_lou

Visit site
On the BE website there is a competition to win an apprenticeship with the Mark Todd!!

The very likes of WFP and Andrew Nicholson started off with him and look at them now.

Unfortunatly I can't go for it now but your young enoug to go for it? I wonder if too young but worth a look

Lolo

Visit site
You need to be at CCI**/ Int looking to go 3* for that one I think, from reading the description...

Orangehorse

Visit site
Mary King's autobiography is very good, it shows just how hard you have to work.
If you are successful and always nice and polite to everyone and ride well, it is quite likely that you would be offered rides.

Look at this year's Badminton winner - he was not from a riding background and he went to the top people to get advice and lessons and look where that led!

If someone very much more experienced gives you advice on your riding then act on the advice and see if it works or not, don't just ignore it. Many riders had to adapt and improve their technique on the way to the top. If it doesn't work for you, then you can always go back.

The wife

Visit site
Agree wholeheartedly with work, work, work and work some more. Be polite to everybody you meet, be it stewards, judges, grooms and arena party. Listen, ask questions, learn and listen some more. Never completely write off ANY advice given but try what works best for you and don't say no to any opportunity that comes you way and be honest about everything especially your abilities and be prepared to take the occasional risk when it comes to horses that may be tricky or have been written off. Lastly have belief in yourself and don't let anybody tell you otherwise. If you don't believe in yourself, nobody else will.

Good luck :)

BlizzardBudd

Visit site
I know it's been said above, but don't ever blame your horse or be seen bitching with others about someone who's riding :) if you're lite, a calm rider who doesn't do anything which could be seen a harsh on the horse then you're heading the right way! Good luck

cobalobM

Visit site
im not experienced in this at all and barley jump ahahaha so maybe don't listen to my advice...
but if I was you I would volunteer with bhs/be/bsja etc as a steward etc, apply for sponsorship's (I see a lot of small horsey business advertising for a sponsor), put adverts everywhere! tack shops, facebook groups etc, maybe do bhs exams?

82lt82

Visit site
Thanks SO much for everyone's replies, it means a lot :) definitely going to try and few of those and see how it goes. Never going to give up <3