How to help concentration (supplement?)

JoJo_

Visit site
I have a 10yr old ISH (cobby type) gelding and we are competing novice level dressage and working elementary. I have a problem keeping him concentrating when schooling and competing. He is quick to get distracted and is rather tense a lot of the time. I've been working on getting him going more forwards and trying to stretch. He is light in the contact and does a nice free walk now but he is reluctant to do a stretchy trot or canter.

The biggest problem currently is him looking for distractions and the little spooks here and there. i know a lot of it is him trying to get out of work. He is also better if there are other horses in the school, relaxes him to have company but he cant have that when competing.

I've been thinking about if a supplement would help him? NAF magic or Equine America Magnitude perhaps? He isnt fizzy so doesnt need it to calm him but would it help his concentration?

He is fed Pure Working which has made him less spooky. Much worse on Dengie chaff and a mix.

Any advice is welcome!

Tempi

Visit site
I would look at changing feed, How about Allen and Page cool calm and condition? Works well on a lot of horses I know. I've used pure feeds in the past and sent one of mine bonkers and I wasn't even feeding the specified amount.

I have used Equifeast in the past - once with success and on a different horse total disaster and made horse worse.