How to improve position? / Classical dressage inspiration

stangs

Visit site
(Disclaimer: not a new user, just managed to forget old account’s password… and username…. and the password to the email I signed up with…)

I’ve noticed a real deterioration in my position recently, so whilst I’m saving up for some classical riding lessons, I thought I’d ask around for some recommendations in books/youtube videos/blogs/etc about getting the correct position, biomechanics and classical dressage.

In particular, does anyone know of any classical dressage riders that aren’t tall and/or slim? As much as watching Anja Beran brings me joy, I’d love to get inspiration from someone less perfectly built for riding. For context, I am built like a 12hh hw cob - the size of my bone would make a lot of Belgian draft breeders jealous

Zuzan

Visit site
Centred Riding books by Sally Swift are really good and I keep saying this but Pilates is one of the best things you can do to improve your position / riding .. and I would highly recommend one to one sessions.. the added bonus of pilates is it just plain good for you .. end of.

The other thing to try is lessons on the lunge without stirrups with a good instructor.

NLPM

Visit site
I find Sylvia Loch books really helpful for position advice, I noticed a massive improvement immediately the first time I practised something after reading her explanations (I've still got a way to go though :confused:).