How to make white saddle pads white again?!

Llee94

Visit site
So I got a new dressage (and fairly expensive) saddle pad whilst competing at Bicton this weekend. After only one use it looks filthy where my boots have been!
Does anybody know how to get rid of the black marks your boots leave behind? I have had this problem on several cheaper numnahs which have always had these marks on them after the first use but I would like to keep my competition saddle pad a pristine as possible.
It isn't from polish as I don't polish my boots, very naughty I know! I use the effax balm stuff in the brown tub as that cleans them and leaves them very shiny but now it has left these black marks that I would really like to get rid of asap!
All ideas welcome! Obviously I will be washing it in the washing machine but I wondered if anyone has any home remedies to help lift the dirt as good old 'vanish' doesn't seem to be doing the trick!

Annie B.

Visit site
Have you made a paste with vanish and left for a bit rather than just in the machine? I also like a product called Shout that's in a trigger bottle on the laundry section, there is also Dirt Devils which are little bottles they do one for boot polish which may digest the dirt and effax.x

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
You can use 'Napisan' which is used to wash old style terry nappies. It cleans the stains etc off nappies so cleaning a saddle cloth is a piece of cake. You can also use Net Curtain cleaner, this also cleans & whitens the saddle cloth. All this is available from Amazon.

Chococat

Visit site
I use the green Fairy Household soap bar (have a pack which is years old so not sure if you can still get Fairy in shops but have seen supermarkets own brand) on marks on white saddle cloths and breeches. I put item in the sink and trickle tepid water on it whilst rubbing the mark with the soap bar. Then wash it in washing machine - removes most marks.

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
I found a great way to get my dressage saddlecloths clean, after mum refused to let me put it in the washing machine as horse was losing her coat so it was covered in hairs!
Get a big tub/bucket, fill with warm water and add some washing detergent. Leave it to soak in there, and then take it out, scrub the stains with a magic brush (those plastic grooming brushes) and then rinse with a hose pipe. Makes them SO much cleaner than the washing machine does! Got stains out that had been there for months that the washing machine couldn't lift.

casspow

Visit site
I've scrubbed with vanish bar before and then put a scoop of them vanish minerals in the washing machine (like a little tub of washing powder) Saddlecloth has come out looking like new! :)