How to name a haynet?

texas

Visit site
I have in the past sewed one of those name tags like mums used to put on our school jumpers around a bit near the top.

albeg

Visit site
How about the cheap plastic keyrings with the paper insert? If you replaced the paper with a bit of plastic with his name on it in permanent ink it wouldn't matter if it got damp.

images

RobinHood

Visit site
Coloured key ring tags. Don't write on the paper just write on the plastic both sides. Ours need re-writing every few months as they fade in the hay tank.

spider

community.webshots.com
Oh goodness! I will be giving all the haynets on the yard names tomorrow! lol! Would be a bit worried about key tags in case he swallowed the metal bit, likewise think he might eat the bead ones though they are lovely! Hadn't thought of name tapes. have probably got a few of my children's left somewhere and could just use the surname.
Thanks for the help everyone.

Tobiano

Visit site
I mark my horse's stuff with my daughter's name tapes from school! usually dont even bother sewing them just tie them round a ring or something :)

I do like the bead things though... agree not where the horse can eat them but there are lots of bits of kit they might work for :)

CBFan

Visit site
Personally I would just wrap a coloured piece of tape around a section of it, if it is just for identification purposes should it go 'walkies' I wouldn't want to attatch anything potentially sharp which could be nibbled by mistake...

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Most definately would not use those ^^
I hope they are not marketed for equine use, as horses & ponies are very good at chewing...... the thought of small plastic beads going down the intestines or getting wedged in teeth, make me shudder :(

fair enough I think I would put a dog clip on the end though so i can unclip it when the hay net is given.

I Would not leave on when in use, I took it the op just wanted it named like we used to do at Park Farm which was fill up the whole yard hay nets and leave then in a pile ready to distribute in the evening. :)

FionaM12

Visit site
Haha, named haynets. :D

I wouldn't put anything on which could be bitten, swallowed or clipped onto a curious nose. :eek: Even if removed for use, it's too easy to forget to remove.

Mine are different from everyone's at the yard as I double them up and thread the drawstring back through both. No-one else on our yard does that. :)