How to remove glue from horse?

Quigleyandme

Visit site
Quigley has had another procedure to hopefully cure his primary sinusitis and spent three nights in hospital being sedated and flushed. Sedation was via a cannula which was covered between flushes by a sticky backed bandage which has left a thick, gluey residue on his neck and throat. I have tried shampoo and surgical spirit and it isn't shifting. Any ideas please?

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
You could try a test of Swarfega or nail varnish remover and wash them off afterwards. He'll be changing his coat soon if all else fails. The vet's will have had this before, they might know what to use.

Shay

Visit site
Its probably better to ask your vet as they will have met this before - but I wonder if oil might be more effective? Odd comparison - but you use copious oil to get glue or chewing gum out of a child's hair without cutting it out. (Don't ask..). The idea being the oil gets between the sticky stuff and the hair allowing you to groom it out with a bit of patience. And its neutral so can't hurt the horse.

AFB

Visit site
I'd try baby oil - gets stray sticky wax off for those non-horsey people that venture to the beauticians! So may well work on glue.