How wet are your fields

flirtygerty

Visit site
not wet at all, but we are very sandy soil and the fields rest from April to Oct so have a really long thick grass cover.

I can poo pick in ugg boots and not get wet feet :)

Can I move in with you please, I have four gates to my field, one I thought wasn't too bad so used that today, WRONG, puddle nearly over my wellies, with sucky mud underneath, took the mare up and around to the other gate which is only ankle deep in mud, to put her back out

Visit site
My field is actually not too bad. It's on a hill and is ridge and furrow so drains quite well. There is a dip in their which is currently z pool of water and the gateway is a bit muddy but apart from that it's not too bad. I have to walk through another field to get to mine though which has calves in it. The bottom of it is quite muddy around the gateway and there are deep ruts from the tractor taking silage in everyday so they do get quite muddy walking to and from the field and wearing wellies is a must at the moment but I can just hose their feet off if I am riding or I find the mud just falls off in straw beds anyway once it is dry. :)