Howarth Lodge Livery Rotherham

welshdz

Visit site
Hi, just a general enquiry really to see if anyone knows any details.

Is anyone at Howarth Lodge who would know these details?

Their 'basic' livery I believe includes mucking out etc and hard feed. Does anyone know what hard feed is included? Are they bedded on straw or shavings and do they have any winter turnout? How much is charged for horses? Can you hack out without going on the roads?
I know it's a long shot people knowing these details and I'm just wondering what people know before I would make any formal enquiries.

Thanks

MrsElle

Visit site
Not sure about the finer details, but you can't hack off road. Saying that, you aren't actually on the road leaving the stables either, as there is a wide verge/path built for the horses to walk along as the stables is on a dual carriageway.

Also, while the stables are on higher ground, much of the land in that area is flood plain, and does flood in winter.

There is a huge barn adjacent to the M1 which I have seen lots of horses in, not sure if that is the winter quarters or if it is unconnected to Howarth Lodge, but I suspect it is theirs.

Last edited:

Inthesticks

Visit site
The big barn you can see with loads of horses is not Howarth Lodge's. It belongs to Bruce who own the grazing land all down the side of the river. The barn is the winter home for all of the horses from his land.