Hows he look?

cazmoreton

Visit site
Just looking at the post on your horse's one conformation fault and decided i'd see what people thought of my baby
smile.gif

4yo, welsh sec D, gelding, 15hh

Side view
comet1.jpg

Jumping
HM821N129_2.jpg

A funny angle i think
DSCF0170.jpg

TERRIBLE riding i know, was really ill. urgh flat handss.
DSCF0097.jpg

Good conformation?
Bad conformation
just generally beautifull?
ahaa
thanks. X

Kenzo

Visit site
I think he's just the type that will make there new owner very happy, great little horse and I bet you have loads of fun, good luck with him, he looks a character!
smile.gif

bensababy

Visit site
QR - what a beauty. in the first pic- dont know whether its just the angle - but i would like to see a bit more meat on him.

cazmoreton

Visit site
Yeah, that was the day we got him, i do think he's put on a little bit of weight as he's now coming in for a tiny feed daily(so he gets his garlic etc) but were certainly not wanting him to put too much on as anyone who owns a cob keeping the weight off is our main priororty.
thankss thoughh. x

bensababy

Visit site
oh right you didnt say in the post that the pic was the first day you got him. my friend had a welsh D and he never had issues with keeping weight stabalised. Just a personnal preference that i would like mine to have a touch bit more weight on.

hellybelly6

Visit site
He is very nice, just what I would want.

I do not think he needs weight put on. He will muscle up with exercise and as he matures.

cazmoreton

Visit site
ahaa, he's a nice shape at the moment he had his jabs 2 weeks ago and the vet said he looks reallly good
smile.gif

He is slowly putting on some weight but were letting him do it really slowly
smile.gif

x

bensababy

Visit site
i was only saying its a personnal preference. Im not saying hes skinny etc. All i said was that i would like to see a little bit more meat on him. other than that i think hes fantastic. Good luck with him im sure you will have tons of fun
smile.gif

hellybelly6

Visit site
Fat is fat and muscle is muscle, the two are completely different. Fat is stored energy. Muscle is tissue with a blood supply and nerves.

Think of a pork chop, fat on the outside, but the 'meat' inside is the muscle.

Muscle is built with exercise and protein. He will naturally muscle up as he matures/exercises.

L

lilym

nice to see a sec d with plenty of bone!! i hate them with fine legs like sports horses!!
he'll look fantastic when he matures and bulks out, remember welsh cobs aren't fully mature until7/8 years of age.