Pictures How's he looking..??

Polos Mum

Visit site
Lacking muscle totally consistent with not being in work, but still quite a bit of fat on the front end. In that particular photo his belly looks empty - making him look tucked behind - could just be one off.
If there is sensible grass in the field then I would (personally) have the dentist check his teeth and do a worm count (or just worm anyway).

Weight tape is a good idea and write it down - maybe every couple of weeks.

He looks like the type that will put weight on more easily than lose it so I wouldn't add feed.

What is he? He's the spit of mine - even the light mane highlights! (but bigger)

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Thanks PM....he had his teeth done a few months back, no issues. He IS due to be wormed though so I will get on that ASAP. He does occasionally look a little tucked up and I'm addressing that by starting to feed hay....he came to me very, very over weight (July 2019) and now I'm a bit paranoid ??

His Sire is a Connemara and his Dam is a cob x Clydesdale with a bit of ID thrown in lol.
He's got a very pony face for his size, I guess that's the Connie side of him :) His Sire is a sooty buckskin too.

18hhOlls&Me

Visit site
Just looks like a horse out of work. Ok weight, just lacks the condition he would get being in work. Which is fine, since he's not in work after all.

Winter coats can make them appear shaggy or a little duller since I swear they really hold the dirt and grime. As long as his nutritional requirements are met vit/min wise, I wouldn't worry.
He is adorable!! I agree with a bit more top line and more muscled hindquarters he would look just that bit more well as a whole, but as HollyWoozie said who human or horse doesn’t look better when working more! He isn’t significantly underweight in my eyes. Very very cute! X