How's My 'Skinny TB' Looking??

3Beasties

Visit site
I have always struggled to keep condition on my 17 year old TB over the Winter but I think we may have finally cracked it! Would still like a bit more covering over his ribs as at times they are quiet visible but hopefully that will improve over the next few weeks :)

What do you think?

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c5.jpg

c4.jpg

Ranyhyn

Visit site
No wonder he's starving, those chooks are eating his scran!!!

He looks marvellous for a horse you are struggling to keep weight on - I'd be very happy with that :)

SaharaS

Visit site
Looking good! Modelling for 'plus size TB's weekly';)??? only joking...one of my mare likes the size zero waif like figure, tho this winter (just turning 26) she didn't drop as she normally tries to(always oct 26th ish)..what have you ended up feeding him just out of interest? Oil seems to have worked for her and sugarbeet& grass nuts based, barley, micronized linseed & alpha a and a vits/minerals supplement plus adlib hay....but its also been alot milder than last year & the grass hasnt really seemed to stop growing so thats helped..normally I'm praying for an undercover field with climate control....:rolleyes:i wish!

Chestnuttymare

www.ipcmedia.com
I think he is looking really well. I think sometimes you just strike on the right thing that works for your horse, I am the same. Mine isn't a great doer, but I know what I am doing with her and she doesn't change really all year. Loses a bit of muscle in the winter as i am riding less obviously, but it comes back really quick when the weather gets better. mine is mid 20's now but i can hold her weight. He looks like a lovely chilled sort of lad. x

3Beasties

Visit site
Lol Sahara, he has got a bit of a belly, if only we could transfer that to his ribs and he'd be looking even better :D

He's on chaff, conditioning mix, outshine and readymash extra :)

whizzer

Visit site
Looks really good,I always check in on your posts as i have a poor doer TB of a similar age!
Unfortunately conditioning mixes are out for mine & I tried Readymash extra but it sent him beserk!!

bushbaby28

Visit site
he's looking fantastic. I have the same problem with my tb and he's looking like a fluffy bog pony at the moment. Bring on the summer.

Holly Hocks

Visit site
3Beasties, your photos took my breath away. Your horse is the spitting image of my horse which I lost in October.....

He looks fabulous by the way - Readymash extra is amazing stuff!

mulledwhine

Visit site
He looks good, as my old TB went into his 30's I always struggled with his weight, and joked that is wished I could squeeze tummy fat onto his ribs!! I think that must be what TBs struggle with, fat belly skinny ribs :)

Fantasy_World

Visit site
I have always struggled to keep condition on my 17 year old TB over the Winter but I think we may have finally cracked it! Would still like a bit more covering over his ribs as at times they are quiet visible but hopefully that will improve over the next few weeks :)

What do you think?

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c5.jpg

c4.jpg

He looks a picture well done!

Dizzle

Visit site
He's looking well! I've just moved my tb to out 24/7 and he's lost a touch this week (although still looks good IMHO) he's out with a cob and a pony so I can't give him as much hay as I'd like, thankfully pony and cob are very good and will much hay whilst I hang over the gate with a feed bucket.

No time to go to feed shops to get anything fattening so have just gone for adding veg oil and apple cider vinegar to his current chaff and nuts mix.

I really want to get him on Copra Meal, non-heating and high oil.