How's she doing ?

Bedford Joy

Visit site
This is my TB mare 8 weeks from the day I bought her. She came to me very thin after a tough winter outdoors. She raced as a youngster but became too stressed with racing so was put into foal and has been a broodmare for 7 years. She is proving to be an absolutely amazing horse .. A really genuine sort. She's now 10 years old and I was interested to know people's thoughts on her conformation ....

I can only post single images so please bare with me ...

Will post pic of her arrival day on next post :)

pY3s3M9L_original.jpg

Bedford Joy

Visit site
She is just amazing, she's responsive and forward going but with great brakes, she isn't spooky or strong and she's never tried to kick, buck or take off with me. I hacked her out last week on her own and she didn't bat an eyelid at anything, including cars, lorries, flapping plastic on a building site, or a field of cows ... She is shaping up to be a horse of a lifetime :)

murphysmummy

Visit site
Wow! She looks a different horse already!! Well done! Her coat looks lovely and she's put some weight on already. I cant wait to see the difference in another 8 weeks
Xx

Bedford Joy

Visit site
Thanks Murphysmummy ... She really does look different doesn't she .... It's lovely seeing the difference and like you say she'll look different again in another few weeks .... It's such a lovely experience bringing them back into condition :)

Spiritedly

Visit site
She looks like she's starting to put weight on nicely and I think she looks a nice sort but I'm not very good at conformation unless it's something glaringly obvious sorry :eek:. Be aware she might go through a personality change as her weight and condition improves.

fuzzle

Visit site
I think your doing amazing and take my hat off to anyone who rescues any animal and give them a chance in life!!!!!! WELL DONE KEEP UP YOUR AMAZING WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will keep on looking at your posts to see how your getting on with her!!!

Bedford Joy

Visit site
Wow thank you guys , what lovely sentiments :)

Spiritedly she is already feeling "better" and I am aware she may well continue in that vain, however I am very fortunate to have a 3* event rider who is riding her at the beginning of each of our lessons and he says she really is a very genuine girl and although she may need increased exercise as she improves her condition she is a genuine horse and there's nothing nasty, spooky or nutty about her. The important thing for me is making sure I have regular lessons on her for my sake as much as hers and also have her exercised when I am unable to get up and ride her. I have heard of people buying poor condition tb's as a novice ride and then as they improve they become too much for them ... So I am taking every precaution to ensure all her needs are met and our partnership grows together as we BOTH get fitter :)