Hoys shopping list

case895

Visit site
French link gag (for jumping the ginger monster).
Fly rug (old lad having decided last week to shred his).
Fly spray.

I have internet prices (inc. postage) for each so will only buy if they match or beat t'interweb.

Miller1979

Visit site
Hanging cheek snaffle with lozenge (hoping I'll be allowed take it back home on the plane).

A new numnah and matching headcollar & lead rope for when we start showjumping together soon!

Hood to mind Miller's mane, he lost half of it last winter (Our first together at the time).

Skull cap cover for my daughter (Something bright and girly to replace her current shabby one)

A tractor toy for my son..he is farm mad!

casspow

Visit site
French link gag (for jumping the ginger monster).
Fly rug (old lad having decided last week to shred his).
Fly spray.

I have internet prices (inc. postage) for each so will only buy if they match or beat t'interweb.

ah what a good idea!
I will be doing this tonight in prep for tomorrow! :D

WelshD

Visit site
Ive just spent the last two days at HOYS. I didnt see any fly rugs but did see plenty of matchy match stuff

Thermatex have reduced their rugs for the show, got a smashing pony one for £77

Some good bargains on rugs overall especially fleeces (Rambo 'budget' fleece £20, really nice show fleeces with sparkly logo £25 for example) and some nice cheap and cheerful exercise fleeces at £18

Headcollars were everywhere, best bargain was £10 for fleece lined headcollar and rope

Free headcollar and rope on the Masta/Cottage craft stand when you spend over £50

Best bit choices are Risley saddlery (who sell the 'NS alike' Harmony bit) and Ayr Saddlery

Some good choice on Supplements - a couple of the companies i hadnt heard of but looked interesting

The stalls are open until 15 mins after the evening interval so worth leaving heavy and bulky stuff till then

Nearly got pranged in the face several times by lunge or long schooling whips - are people aware that these items are not exactly uncommon in just about every tack shop away from a busy crowded event?!!

GLW

Visit site
WelshD where did you find the Rambo budget fleece? Is there a horseware stand? My mare is a serial fleece ripper and Rambo rugs fit her beautifully. Thanks

WelshD

Visit site
There is a horseware stand. The fleece i saw though was on a different stand, go through the first hall of shops and down the stairs to the next hall, rugs are on the display immediately to the right of the stairs. Its the navy fleece with an aqua or pink arc across the corner, £20 but sizes were limited - they had most sizes 6ft-6ft9 when i was there though

case895

Visit site
Got the bit and spray. No luck on fly rugs so fleabay. As usual had to dodge the boot greasers. They even wanted to grease the wax jacket I had on - almost new Barbour so I don't think so!

Another stall holder said "Fine wines sir?" I replied "Aldi".

Asha

Visit site
I feel like a kid on Christmas eve ! My list is endless looking for some jump fillers, a rug dryer rack thingy, new lead ropes, leather head collars, gel saddle pad ,a new jumper. Stuff to fill up my new tack room, mmmmmm also plenty of things I don't know that I need yet !

GLW

Visit site
There is a horseware stand. The fleece i saw though was on a different stand, go through the first hall of shops and down the stairs to the next hall, rugs are on the display immediately to the right of the stairs. Its the navy fleece with an aqua or pink arc across the corner, £20 but sizes were limited - they had most sizes 6ft-6ft9 when i was there though

i got good horsewear rugs from where WelshD has explained as well last year :)

Thanks! She's 6'9 in Horseware so fingers crossed