Huge sigh of relief.

cobgirlie

Visit site
Just so people know there are good places out there!

I've just been up to the place where I'm moving to at the weekend to chat things over with the owner. I have come away feeling like I'm walking on clouds. After being on a 'professional' livery yard for the last nearly 3 years I'm moving to a private place with just 3 other horses. The lady who owns the land actually knows how to manage fields, she rototes, pooh picks, and generally knows what she's doing to protect her land and the horses!! The stables are open, airy and CLEAN!!! There isn't carp laying everywhere, the fields are well fenced and secure. The horses there are chilled and well fed. The feed/tack room is clean and organised. I nearly cried when I saw it after the rat infected hole a so called 'proper' yard had!!!! I can now keep my feed at the yard rather than at home because I was so scared of opening my feed bin to find a rat smiling at me!!!

I suspect I will soon be dropping the amount and times of feed my horses need because the fields they are on will be managed properly and the grazing sufficient.

To gain this new place the loss is a indoor school with a roof half off and surface so pitted you could break a leg!!! Added bonus the new place is half the cost and the owner seems very like me..she swears like a trooper and her horses are king and come before anything!! I can see we are going to get along.

I think I've died and gone to heaven....I can only imagine the way my boys are going to feel when they get there too!! Roll on tomorrow!!

ThePony

Visit site
Sounds really fab! The nice attitude at a place goes along way to compensate for any lack of facilities.
Good luck for your move and enjoy your new place!

cobgirlie

Visit site
Nice one - really hope it works out for you.
As others have said, sometimes horse enjoyment comes before all the extra facilities you can have on offer :)

Oh my little cob will enjoy it...the property is up a mile long drive..which has grass track up the middle of it!! I predict summer rides will consist of me going hell for leather up the drive because nappy pants has decided it's grass therefore that means RUN MUMMY RUN!!!!! :rolleyes:

Brandy

Visit site
I made a similar move in July. Yes I don't have a school now but to be honest I am a pleasure rider so who cares?

And the saving is great, I no longer worry about how much hay costs as I save so much on the livery. Brill.

cobgirlie

Visit site
I made a similar move in July. Yes I don't have a school now but to be honest I am a pleasure rider so who cares?

And the saving is great, I no longer worry about how much hay costs as I save so much on the livery. Brill.

:D So good to hear other people are happy with their moves!! I've admitted to myself that I'm a happy hacker and proud of it!! The yard I'm on I've been having jumping lessons and yes I've had a great time doing small XC events and some dressage but really my heart is in plodding around the countryside and gallopping on the beaches so why spend out on all the things I feel I should be doing rather than enjoying the horses and them enjoying their time outside. Hardly anyone hacks at the yard I'm leaving, alot of them are playing at horses (you know horse and stables are pampered endlessly but not alot of riding getting done!!??) and I just want to be able to hop on and hack out!! New place is 2 mins from home so I can also regain a relationship with my OH, the house and the dogs which will be quiet nice!! :p

Brandy

Visit site
You sound exactly the same as me!! I am quite enjoying not havng a school. I just felt compelled to use it last year even when the weather was vile and it was dark (I work full time)

All the time I spent mucking out 2 horses, taking to and from fields etc I now spend with my horses, meandering around poo picking with them (mine ar eliving out now) we are all happier and more relaxed I think. And I have hacking straight onto lovely grass!

ossy

Visit site
oO well done you for making the move sounds fab. I did excatly the same move four years ago, lost the indoor school but gained the pace of mind that my horse was safe and happy when I wasn't there and I've gained a best friend in the YO too. Will never go back to the so called "proffesional" yards again.

cobgirlie

Visit site
Oh yeah, and I REALLY don't miss the livery yard bitching!

Me leaving has given them loads to feast on!!! Of course there has to be a drama and gossip around everything!! I wish I could afford the time they spend chatting!! :rolleyes:

I'm getting more excited about it hearing how others are happy with their moves!!! Will be great discovering new hacks too, and with the lorry arriving sometime early next year ..well it just keeps getting better!!:D