Huge slap in the face... so p*ssed off...

Gingernags

Visit site
But do you know what, she's actually a lovely kid! (And believe me I don't like kids!!!) but I think she's just got involved in the PC stuff as her Dad does a lot for them, and then got all excited about qualifying for that on her own horse and I can't blame her!

I saw it coming which was why I checked and checked and checked that it would be OK. The PC website only had the Sansaw park dates on which is the week before, the Novice dates weren't listed.

There have been two other people who have competed Asti, and they paid for entries, transported her, and were really grateful that the horse arrived schooled, clean, plaited up and everything, they literally just had to get her, and get on at the other end. Everything else was done as we have really enjoyed getting her ready and being able to watch my baby doing so well and giving so much enjoyment to someone. I've been really proud of her.

She's been loving the lessons, and even told me she was glad her horse had lost his shoe for the ODE as Asti would do better dressage!

I just don't want this to all go even more tits up now if I heap this on them, and then not end up going at all and still be massively out of pocket.

Bit of a mess really...

Gingernags

Visit site
Yes, I am too old (34) and the upper limit is either 20 or 25.

Well, plus I'm not good enough and no way would I jump that size course anymore!
grin.gif

Sparklet

Visit site
I would be fizzing and I think you have every reason to be annoyed. If PC qualifiers/championship are the same as RC they the dates are announced well in advance so they must have realised if she did well she would not be going to BSPS on some of the days.

To be honest I think you would be better to take a deep breath and put it all down to experience. If you start talking reclaimed entry fees you will likely cause a whole lot of bad feeling and you will not enjoy the days you still have for the BSPS and that would be a shame.

You are in the right but and absolutely justified in creating a stink but the outcome will be worse for you because her dad may stop her going altogether.

Go and enjoy the days you have.

Gingernags

Visit site
Ouchies! Well as long as your jumping shows style!!!!

I think I'll just go anyway, have the 3 days, but get him (her dad) to fork out the entry fee for the cancelled class and towards the rest.

And I'll learn from this. From now on, its me doing what I want with my horse, accomodating trailer-sharer (sister) and her horses, and there'll be no more "can I borrow Asti?" from anyone. Well, OK will make an exception for sister if hers is crocked, and friend who has been helping us who likes a bit of dressage! No more kids!

We are going to be endurance horse/rider! And hopefully next year I'll put her in foal to breed a baby Asti! For me me me again! Mwhahaha, will cultivate being selfish as my new main personality trait! Well, after all, I pay for it!

Sooty

Visit site
Ooooh I could tell from halfway through this post how it was going to end, and you obviously had similar doubts hence the seeking of assurances from them. If you can, take a few deep breaths and speak to R and her father, spelling things out exactly as you have on here, and tell them how let down you feel as you only let her ride your horse as a favour in the first place. In a way it is just as well you have paid for everything, although you are out of pocket, at least there is no argument as to who has the right to this, that and the other. You know my feeling about good deeds...

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
How rude and inconsiderate of the family. There are 100s of ShowRing people going to PUK (as you can imagine) and some of them are pretty good riders (won/competed at HOYS etc) - if you are looking for a rider it may be worth a mention? It would be a shame not to take her as she is a smashing little horse and deserves a chance to show off in front of a crowd!!!

Niamhy

photobucket.com
Good God GM, its not like you didnt double check or anything! I would work out how much you spent, and bill the father for some of it, if not all.

How totally inconsiderate of them.

GTs

Visit site
Although the matter could have been handled better you always knew their number 1 interest was their horse, and it sounds like they were doing you a favor competing your horse, increasing it's value, etc as much as you doing them a favor (this is demonstrated by you paying some money too). If there is an exchange of any monetary value for services rendered I would get it in writing.

Gomer

Visit site
I find it strange that someone would pull out on such an opportunity - lots of young people would do anything to find an owner like you and be given the chance to go!

KJJ

Visit site
Oh hunni... all I can say is what an ungrateful family they are!!
mad.gif

Don't let them get to you hunni... If it were me I'd cut my nose off to spite my face and tell them if they can't do everyday they can't do ANY day.... Maybe they'll think twice/maybe they won't.... I'm a stubborn witch so would rather slap them in the face, catching myself round the ear on the way!
crazy.gif
blush.gif

Just think of how much Asti has done ... be proud of her!!
smile.gif

keeley

photobucket.com
GT's not every one thinks about money - I'm sure GM would never sell Asti so her value means nothing. It was just a good opportunity to get her out and have some fun, helping the rider in the process.

Gingernags

Visit site
You are right. I bred Asti, she is with me for life, and she would be just as happy staying at home stuffing her face, being spoiled rotten and hacking about and doing the odd bit of dressage and pleasure rides.

I'd never sell her so value doesn't come in to it, though as she's done all this before, she was the schoolmistress in all this TBH. She's already been and done the PC champs that R has just qualified for. Actually Asti did all 3 teams as she did the showjumping as well as the ODE and dressage!

This only ever started as a way to help R bridge the gap and they were grateful for that and she loves competing the ginger one. They were thrilled when she qualified for ther BSPS and we said they could do the championships.

I think what upset me was the way they did this. If on Saturday when she qualified for the dressage, her Dad had rang and explained there was a problem and that it clashed, and could she miss the Saturday as she was so chuffed with what she'd done, I would probably have said fine, just pay for the scratched class and yes, go for it.

But for them to leave it til late Sunday night and TEXT my sister saying tough she's doing it, was not on.

The plan is to do the 3 days, and I'll give her Dad the bill for the entries. After that, Asti comes back to me and no more being "lent" for anything.