Huge Tack Theft in Arthington, North Leeds

kirstyl

Visit site
Have heard today from friends stabled there that two tackrooms were completely cleared of saddles and bridles last night from livery yard in Arthington, in region of 30 saddles and bridles and a new range cooker. Thieves apparently cut through fencing in a back field and relayed saddlery in large wheelbarrows, presumably to a vehicle. Lots of very upset and angry liveries. If anyone knows anything at all, call the police. And local people, be on your guard, they knew what they were doing

darkhorse123

Visit site
please report this to horse watch = i caught tow very unsavoury characters on my yard in north leeds today and reported it to horsewatch tonight - i have reg nos and everything - please report it x

ladyt25

Visit site
Can you give any descriptions and whereabouts in N Leeds? Saw an odd thing on saturday when two lads walked past my house (on an estate) drining cans of beer and leading a young coloured pony. Ponies are not commonly seen being lead through the estate and I have no idea where there went -I went out in the car a few mins later to see if i could see any trace of them. Just wondering if maybe there are some 'unsavoury' people travelling about the area...??! This was near the A64 Whinmoor/Seacroft area.

kirstyl

Visit site
Can you give any descriptions and whereabouts in N Leeds? Saw an odd thing on saturday when two lads walked past my house (on an estate) drining cans of beer and leading a young coloured pony. Ponies are not commonly seen being lead through the estate and I have no idea where there went -I went out in the car a few mins later to see if i could see any trace of them. Just wondering if maybe there are some 'unsavoury' people travelling about the area...??! This was near the A64 Whinmoor/Seacroft area.

Grange Farm, Blackhill Road Arthington LS21. It's very unsettling, so many friends are now without all their tack. This farm has a security card entry gate, thieves must have surely known set up and layout of yard

ladyt25

Visit site
Hmm, not good. It's awful how these people must have already cased the joint. Just seems a bit of a coincidence that a certain type of 'community' of people may have been around this area over the weekend - I believe there were a fair few ponies in Seacroft and it makes me wonder whether they could have headed down Leeds road towards the Arthington/Pool area. With any luck maybe darkhorse's reg reports could help although no doubt (like when i once reported a guy in a pickup i SAW leaving our stables after nicking a load of our new fencing) the car(s) will have miraculously just been reported 'stolen' yet the police won't tell you when they were reported (probably just after you took their reg plates!)

darkhorse123

Visit site
Hmm, not good. It's awful how these people must have already cased the joint. Just seems a bit of a coincidence that a certain type of 'community' of people may have been around this area over the weekend - I believe there were a fair few ponies in Seacroft and it makes me wonder whether they could have headed down Leeds road towards the Arthington/Pool area. With any luck maybe darkhorse's reg reports could help although no doubt (like when i once reported a guy in a pickup i SAW leaving our stables after nicking a load of our new fencing) the car(s) will have miraculously just been reported 'stolen' yet the police won't tell you when they were reported (probably just after you took their reg plates!)

if youy are on fb contact local horsewatch - i have and he seemed really helpful x

ladyt25

Visit site
I wouldn't worry too much about your horse. If your YO is on site then that will help and, as you have already seen them then they will know you are suspicious. Generally they are after tack, implements and stuff like that. Things they can move quickly and flog easily. We have been broken in to several times over the years - they have cut through 2 chained gates before and used an aceteline torch to cut into a shipping container! Our horses were in the stables at the time and, although it was pretty scary when we arrived in the morning, the thieves were not after them - just the generator in the container. we have had 3 stolen over the years (we since put in electricity!).

Sure, be vigilant and maybe go check outside of your usual visiting hours - they depend on you sticking to a routine

darkhorse123

Visit site
I wouldn't worry too much about your horse. If your YO is on site then that will help and, as you have already seen them then they will know you are suspicious. Generally they are after tack, implements and stuff like that. Things they can move quickly and flog easily. We have been broken in to several times over the years - they have cut through 2 chained gates before and used an aceteline torch to cut into a shipping container! Our horses were in the stables at the time and, although it was pretty scary when we arrived in the morning, the thieves were not after them - just the generator in the container. we have had 3 stolen over the years (we since put in electricity!).

Sure, be vigilant and maybe go check outside of your usual visiting hours - they depend on you sticking to a routine

please report to horse watch - i did, i reported my concerns and they said nothing had happened to day!
Please join horsewatch and report xxx

rockysmum

Visit site
This is our yard. I wouldn't put any faith in owners or site or such with these people.

This yard has CCTV, Card Entry and more than one set of people living on it. Whoever did this managed not to wake anyone and disabled the CCTV, although I believe they were caught on camera before doing it.

We dont keep tack there but I feel so sorry for those who do. The girls I was talking to tonight dont think their insurance will pay up. Some of the tack was not replacable.

ladyt25

Visit site
It is shocking how they can do this. It is not the first time I have heard of a very secure yard being broken in to. I guess they feel if there's a lot of security in place there's stuff worth nicking. Damned if you do, damned if you don't aren't you! It makes me so angry.

MollyMoomin

www.petandanimalfeeds.co.uk
I'm really sorry to hear this :( I used to livery there a few years ago. At the yard I'm on now (Guiseley), we don't keep tack on site but will let YOs know - there's quite a few yards on the lane where my horse is.

I know its a long shot, but I really hope everyone gets their tack back.

StephL

Visit site
It is so scary when it is close to home!! I had my tack stolen a couple of years ago and didnt have it insured...gutted!!!

I would report it to Horsewatch too, they are doing a really good job and are trying to collate all the suspicious incidents as well as the real incidents. You could give these guys a call too http://www.equinesecurity.uk.com/ I have had my saddle chipped with them and they seem to have some good products!