Huish Horseboxes, or any other builder in SW?

BethanT

Visit site
Has anyone ever bought a horsebox from Huish Horseboxes in Exeter? I have heard that they can be pricey when quoted to do work, but no idea how the prices of the vehicles for sale compare.

Also, does anyone know of any other horsebox builder for 7.5 that are in Devon/Cornwall? Can't seem to find any at all, and as I am being super picky about what I want, I am thinking that it might be better to have one built. But want local to be able to check out similar work.

Or even builders further afield. But ideally no more than 300 miles from Plymouth in Devon.

pec

Visit site
We had ours built by Tristar near Lampeter. They do all types and built it exactly to our specifications. We got it just before the Royal Welsh show last year. We have used it nearly every week since and couldn’t be happier.

frannieuk

Visit site
I used to use Huish and really rate them - top quality although you do pay a little more I think. Really good service though. Now I use Kelly Horseboxes in Dorset (closer to me) and am equally impressed, probably slightly cheaper than Huish but just as good. Personally I don’t rate winterborne Horseboxes as I have tried to get in touch several times and they have never got back to me, whereas both Kelly and Huish get straight back and do exactly what they say they will!

catroo

Visit site
Not a fan of Huish, the high price just doesn’t reflect the quality of work and I found them quite behind the times in modern materials and design.

We had a 7.2t built by Trevett & smith over in Salisbury, great quality and not astronomical in price. They were also incredibly helpful with our specific requirements, really rate them