Human hair conditioner or horses mane?

Visit site
I always use cheap human conditioner on my mare's mane, usually Apple (Alberto Balsalm for £1 from the supermarket), I just make sure i rinse it thoroughly and ive never had an issue.

I'm just about to run out of the bottle i brought from the UK so the hunt is on over here for something similar.

cowgirl16

Visit site
Pantene, smooth and sleek. But only on special occasions as it's quite expensive. I would add that my bloke was only ever shown or competed "natural", so if you needed to plait - the hair might be a bit too soft!

AFB

Visit site
I use human shampoo & conditioner on mine - I can't justify spending an extra £5 a bottle for the horse on the label.

I used Aldi baby shampoo & whatever conditioner I have left over myself, never had any adverse reactions.

Merrymoles

Visit site
Yep! I always use budget supermarket human shampoo and conditioner on mine - my own hairdresser told me long ago that the cheaper the shampoo, the milder it usually is. Never had an issue with either but if you are worried, just do a patch test first.

eggs

Visit site
I find that human shampoo creates too many suds. I believe that something is added to the formulation to do this as it is thought we think that more suds = better cleaning.

The Jokers Girl

Visit site
I don't think I have ever used equine shampoo conditioner on my horse and never had a problem. They are so well tested for allergens etc in human grade you will probably get a better quality product by using Alberto balsam at £1 a bottle than gallop etc at about 10 x the price

Sir barnaby

Visit site
When I worked as a hunt groom we had too many horses to do so bought cash and carry big containers of washing up liquid, it always cleaned them up lovely and they shone beautifully at the meet. I used cheap conditioner on the tails but never used conditioner on the mane or we wouldn’t have got the plaits to stay in ?

NLPM

Visit site
Fairy liquid, Touch of Silver and Alberto Balsam here too! (The Fairy liquid is best for white tails; I'm really just using up the ToS shampoo and won't replace it).

With a cheap detangling spray from Superdrug that smells divine.