Human keratin shampoo for mane growth?

BeckyMason97

Visit site
Has anybody tried this and if so does it work? My gelding has rubbed his mane out terrible with his combo rug, I don't really want to pay £19.99 for a bottle of Megatek. Does the likes of elvive keratin shampoo work or will it do more damage than good?

**Vanner**

Visit site
You need to protect the regrowth. Keratin shampoos are supposed to replenish the lost amino acids in the hair when damaged by heat or colouring (not that I believe they really do). Megatek coats the hair and prevents it being damaged. It is worth it IMHO, it also soothes so could help with the rubbing; although you need to know why. Is he too hot?

MrsHutt

Visit site
I am another who would recommend MegaTek. I think it's brilliant stuff!! :D

You only need a tiny bit - I have the Mane & Tail shine and conditioner and the Rebuilder. Both bottles must be getting on for 3 years old!!

I have had such impressive results (I wish I'd taken some 'before and after' pics!)

And they smell goooorgeous! ;)

BeckyMason97

Visit site
I think it's down to his rug not fotting to great. He's 18.1hh and getting something to fit him is near impossible. I've just ordered a standard neck rug for him. I might buy a bottle and give it a go, do I just rub it in and leave it?