human names for horses

helen1105

Visit site
I have got a Ryan and i know a Joel,Fiona,Maggie,Grace,George,Elllie,Ella,Alfie,Flora,Del,Evie,Ruby sure there are more but i cant remember anymore at the moment

gemin1eye

Visit site
If I bought a horse with a human name I'd change it straight away. The horses I used to ride didn't have any human names. The only exceptions were Lizzie and Gemma! The horses I ride now are called Charlie, Harry and Jack which suits them but I would give my horse a "proper" name if I owned it

LauraWheeler

Visit site
My mare is called Lucy.
But i have also owned a Clyde, Thomas, Jo and Bonny.
I have also known Ben, Rupert, Archie, Jim, Bob, Betty, Sam, Jessica, Rosie, Toby to name but a few.

kittyandnewt

Visit site
had a pony called brian, that suited him so well! have horses called jimmy, terry, andrew, willie, claire, phil and the best one in a 13h skewbald called ruddigar! i know its german but havent a clue how to spell it correctly.

RoughcutDiamond

Visit site
Mine is Dave! Came off a dealer's waggon at the riding school nameless andwith a horse called Harley......so he was passported Davidson! Now shortened to Davie/Dave! I'd known him for months before I bought him so he'd grown into it by the time he was mine!

barbaraNcolin

Visit site
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlimouse
I've got a Colin, and I used to have a Bill. I have also come across an Arthur, Andy, Tom, Viktor, Bob and Lloyd!!!!!

I called one of mine Colin, excellent name for a horse imho

YAY for all the Colins everywhere!!! :D

I thought mine was the only one! I've also got a Barbara, most people laugh when I tell them my horses are called Colin and Barbara :D

We've also had a George and a Daisy. Tried horses called Hector and Humphrey and also known Winston, Billy, Johnathon, Rio, Hattie and Jessie.

BayJosie

Visit site
well Mine is Josie and I really, really couldn't imagine owning a horse that doesn't have a human name. Non-human names sound really cheesy imo.
Josie is due to drop a baby any day now and it's definetely having a human name!

Teagan

Visit site
Our yard has a Harry, Sophie, Lacy and a John Henry as human names

We have a Teagan - which could be human.

A Breeze, Fly and Maverick (as horsey names) .....

And THE strangest name for a horse I have come across is the yard owners 2 year old Section B ..... Squirrel !

Friend has a Magnus, and I know an Archie, and we had one on a previous yard called Beethovan (RIP), also know Eric, Troy, Barney, Chumley, Rosie and a Clarence !