Humph

BBs

Visit site
So I ring the BSJA for Winston's and my registration number...mine is fine.. but winston is BB's Winston - GAHHH!!! apparently his name (what i call him for BE and BD) has been taken and he has to have BB's Winston which is what he is called on his passport (when he was registered as a baby also on BHD).

Buggeration - so I have a horse with two bloody different names, one for BSJA and one for BE and BD *sob*

I guess its not the end of the world but...... HUMPH

Alibear

Visit site
Ah well don't worry about it, for one thing fif you hadn't posted this) you could have remained anonymous and we wouldn't have been able to find out how you'd done!

Good luck for Sunday.

seza

Visit site
Don't worry about it - this happens quite a lot with eventers when they are registered BSJA. Can be quite confusing though when you see a horse jumping with an eventer and they announce his name ????who ...... then the penny drops and it is just their BSJA name. Did you try registering him as the name you wanted with a I or II or even V after his name - also quite a popular choice.

BBs

Visit site
What BB's Winston! does it matter? dont think you can check my results on the BSJA website like you can for BE and BD
tongue.gif

BBs

Visit site
Nope didnt think to add I or II after his name - because when I search on the website his name didnt come up so I guessed that couldnt be 2 with a name like him.

Im guessing they saw the BHD sticker on his passport with BBs winston on it and decided that they would use that! even tho he is registered EVERYWHERE as something else.

Hey Ho - problem is I know what BB's stands for
smirk.gif

BBs

Visit site
God I wish!

Although thats what he likes to be doing atm! he is a naughty boy! likes to show me up!!

Alas its not as tame as Bucking Bronko

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
I refused to register Mr P with BSJA when they sent all the paperwork back with the name MEF Supercharged WTF? Apparently he had been registered before as that name, it had been changed by BHD but after the BSJA walked away. Deapite having his passport which is BHD overstamped for name change BSJA would not budge. Wanted lots of money for me to change it so I told them to get stuffed, I would jump on a ticket and call him what I wanted! dont even know what the MEF stood for so hardly likley to promote it.

M

madabout2

Don't worry my horse was regisetered with BSJA before I got him as Buzzlightyear!
I've registered with BD as tommi.

lottie1990

www.myspace.com
With registration with BSJA, where do they take the name for the horse? as i want to with my horse danny when im 16, but at local shows his show name is Danny Boy but somewhere on his paper stuff, its some welsh name, i dont even know how you say it let alone spell it lol! So just ownderign what name he will end up with....

kirstyfk

Visit site
I think it is so stupid that horses have different names. Personally i also think they should have one passport agency for horses and they could sort the names out!

Rambo

Visit site
BSJA ALWAYS take the name on the passport...You can pay to change it if you wish. The I, II, III etc suffixes are added by the BSJA themselves in the case that there is already a horse of the same name. Thus Bo is actually Rambo V although his passport says just Rambo. It's only a name...so what
smile.gif

pootler

Visit site
My horse was registered as just the first part of his name with numerals, I asked them to change it to the name on his passport and they did. They didn't charge me. Try phoning again and see if you get someone else. Could be it was a less experienced person who doesn't realise there is some flexibility with changes.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
My friend has a lovely 17h2" liver chestnut with a white blaze & socks. His stable name is Dino but the idiots who had him before registered his BSJA as.........wait for it.......Wonkey Donkey. Lord knows what they were thinking.
blush.gif
frown.gif
confused.gif
blush.gif

Rachel_M

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
My friend has a lovely 17h2" liver chestnut with a white blaze & socks. His stable name is Dino but the idiots who had him before registered his BSJA as.........wait for it.......Wonkey Donkey. Lord knows what they were thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL I actually would love to hear that over the loud speaker!!!