Humphries and Swain Holistic saddles

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Yes, I had one and it was beautiful leather and so comfortable. I sold it for the same price after several years and very much regret letting it go.

Orchardbeck

Visit site
This is positive!! Have the opportunity to try one on my cob. Have been wondering about them for some time. Does anyone happen to know if they all have the Semiflex tree, or was this introduced later on? Is it possible to find out the age of them? I know the Mondial is different again, treeless anyway.

SlinkyMinxy

Visit site
I bought a Barry Swain Semiflex for my Anglo-Arab about 10 or so years ago. It was the most comfortable saddle I have ever ridden in and my horse loved it too. She was able to move under it in a way that she couldn't with any other saddle.
She retired several years ago, and I haven't used the saddle since but couldn't bear to part with it. I have finally come to terms with the fact that it will never fit my current horse so will probably look to sell it once lockdown is over :(.

AandK

Visit site
I had a H&S holistic treed jump saddle (I think semiflex, but not sure) for 13yrs for my 24yo before he retired 2yrs ago. It was very comfy, for me and him, and I was gutted when it didn't fit my new horse when I got him just after the old boy was retired.

Squeak

Visit site
I've got a dressage and jump for mine and even the sensitive one loves them. I think the dressage is a semiflex but I'm not sure about the jump.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I have a Semiflex, they came after the Holistic and were more expensive. He used to do the Mondial treeless and the Holistic, but said that the Semiflex had the advantages of both.

The Semiflex ones have a badge below the cantle. They flex through the tree points, the trees have a flexible section.

That being said, if I found a Holistic that fitted, I would buy it. Still a well made saddle.

Velcrobum

Visit site
I have a dressage saddle that I bought from Kay Humphries. It is very very good, prior to buying my own I was using a borrowed one but the owner decided they wanted to hang on to it when I offered to buy. Yes they do keep their value from what I have heard.

Orchardbeck

Visit site
Thank you all very much, your info is really helpful! After speaking to the company today I'm very excited to try one out... Fingers crossed!

palo1

Visit site
I had one for years and it worked brilliantly on 3 horses; one needed it remedially but the other two just had the benefit of it fitting them. When we sold one of our horses we suggested that the H&S saddle go with her and whilst I am very sad not to have it in the tack room at home I was delighted to think that our mare would take it with her. The current owner agreed to give us first refusal if she ever decides to sell horse or saddle!!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I have a Barrie Swain treed dressage saddle which was bespoke for my 18h ID. Totally different horse in that saddle, finally able to move his shoulders and it is very comfortable.

Horse lost before the saddle was finished being paid for and haven't had any interest when I tried to sell it. Still sitting in my tack room gathering dust.

Squeak

Visit site
I have a Barrie Swain treed dressage saddle which was bespoke for my 18h ID. Totally different horse in that saddle, finally able to move his shoulders and it is very comfortable.

Horse lost before the saddle was finished being paid for and haven't had any interest when I tried to sell it. Still sitting in my tack room gathering dust.

I think there is a group on FB just for selling them. Might be worth a go?