Humphries and Swain saddle - bargain!

juliehannah58

Visit site
Just bought a Humphries and Swain close contact jumping saddle off ebay for £105.00 !!
shocked.gif
laugh.gif

Anyone got any of these saddles? I have heard great things about them and can't believe I got the type I wanted for such a steal! It's got serge panels, anyone ridden in these before? Will be a new experience for me but supposed to be nicer for ned...

Any info on them or where to get them re-adjusted much appreciated
smile.gif

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Judie

Visit site
Yes I've got a forward cut close contact GP and a dressage, both have surge panels, my dressage has doe skin seat and my GP is buffalo hide.

Love them both. Call Barry (will pm you his number if you don't have it), he will arrange to come out and re-fit it for you, he will take the saddle away and post it back to you in 2-3 days, obviously at a cost.

Good investment, and a jammy one!

juliehannah58

Visit site
Sounds very encouraging! Where abouts is he based, as I am in Sussex? I have heard (might be wrong) that if you are too far away he can get you to send him measurements and work from that, is that true?

I see there is an outlet quite close to me (surrey) called bettersaddles, who supply them but don't know if they fit as well. Oh well, plenty of time to figure it all out!

Looking forward to getting it now
smile.gif

Judie

Visit site
He is based in Walsall, but Kate Humphries has fitters that cover the country so you could try calling her for your nearest one, don't have her number but if you google her it comes up.

Yes you can send your own measurements but personally I would prefer to have some one do it for me especially as it is a re-fit rather than just an annual re-flocking.

catembi

Visit site
My Heather Moffatt dr saddle has serge panels & they seem really comfy for the horse. I've got a Barry Swain jumping saddle & totally love it. It puts me in such a secure position. Really hope it fits my new horse (if I ever find one). If not, I'll have to get another one the same in a different size.

Ash the arab

Visit site
Fantastic bargain!
One of the horses i ride has one, it is extremly comfy and lightweight.
The owner is now going to get another for his other horse, and they get a great bargain as they take the horses direct to the Walsall factory.