Hunt for hat!

Katie89

New User
Visit site
Hi all, please can anyone help me in hunting down this Harry Hall hat? It's sold out everywhere! :( I'm currently borrowing one from my riding school and the one I wear at the moment is a Harry Hall one and it's perfect! (that's after going through at least 6 during the year I've been there haha!) I believe I've found the perfect hat for me; as in size, brand, comfort, etc but I'd like this specific one. So please can people help or point me in the direction of anyone that might be selling it?

Thanks,

Katie.harryhall_legend_hat_blue1.jpg

Katie89

New User
Visit site
Yeah I did, thank you but I’ve looked at that one and it’s a 55cm and I need a 57! I don’t think I’m going to find one anytime soon because they’re even out of stock on the Harry Hall website! :(

Katie89

New User
Visit site
I really hope you can find said riding hat would your horse clothes shop have that riding hat

Thank you, me too! All the Harry Hall legend ones are out of stock online it seems, even the black one. I didn't think of that, I'll look into it. Thanks!

AFB

Visit site
I think they discontinued it quite a while ago so you might struggle to find one now - IIRC they aren't a very high safety standard and I think that might be why.

Katie89

New User
Visit site
Ohh, thanks for the update! I did see one in stock on a website but when I clicked on 'view cart' it said this page can't be reached so I don't know :confused: Are they not, why's that? I've read that they're one of the best hats out there, it keeps coming up on the 10 best riding hats haha but I'm not sure because I'm still pretty new to riding.

AFB

Visit site
I *think* they only had the BSEN standard which is no longer competition legal rather than the PAS one or equivalent/higher.

Don't quote me on that - it's obviously not an issue for every day riding but if you have any interest in competing then it's a consideration. Also I would want the best safety standard I could get hold of really.

Katie89

New User
Visit site
Yeah I think it is BSEN tbh! Ohh okay, I'd like to get to competing- especially dressage (only locally/at my riding school) lol but I'd prefer to have a PAS one just incase I do compete. Yeah, I agree actually with the best safety standard thing. Any recommendations for good hats?

AFB

Visit site
Best thing to do is find a shop with a decent range in travelling distance and go and get one fitted.

I love Charles Owen but all hats are different shapes/depths so what suits one won't suit another, and you can have all the safety standards in the world but if it doesn't fit right it won't do the job properly.