Hunter livery cost & would you/ wouldn't you??

runaway

Visit site
This is also in New Lounge.

Hi, haven't been on for a while. Hoping you guys can give me some food for thought.

Got the chance of working with horses (my own business) and just wondering if anyone has had the experience of going from non equestrain job (only work part time at present) to working full time with them? In farming so not blind to amount of work that will be involved.

Also what is the going rate for hunter livery? I've done a bit of internet research and the figure is between £130 - £150, does that sound right/fair?

Look forward to comments. Thanks

spacefaer

Visit site
re hunter livery - depends where you are, who you hunt with and what services you provide - it varies hugely - round here, you' be cheap charging that!

runaway

Visit site
Wont be competeing with anyone for business - have been asked to provide the service just need to give them an idea of what I'd charge to see if we can come to an agreement.

Will do the usual & provide the following in the cost: muck out, turn out/bring in, clean tack, exercise/fitten as required, clip/ plait /trim, haylage, hard feed, groom, bedding, organise the farrier, attend meets, provide tea/coffee pork pie & cake on hunt days! Owner will have to sort cost of farrier, vet and suppliments. Does that about cover it?

Not willing to take on any more than 4 to be honest so that I know I can do the job single handed and provide a quality service.

Any thoughts?

Daddy_Long_Legs

Visit site
Jeepers our livery yards round here only charge about €120 and that includes transport to hunt. But clipping and shoeing and vets are extra. But that's just our area. Might be way more round other areas.

Mimi2610

Visit site
Hi, I went from working part time in the NHS while running my own 4 horses to running my own livery yard full time with 22 horses in my care and I think it's great even when the weather isn't. Very hard work and 7 days a week, make sure you have a good social life! Also you can't beat being your own boss.
My friend charges £160 per week for hunt livery and she is based in Shropshire. Good luck.