Hunter Wellies

lelly

Visit site
Hi I'm looking for some new ladies hunter wellies. Mine have split after many many years of use. Anyone bought any cheapish ones lately? I've been having a look but they seem to be so expensive. Mine were half the price but it was about twenty years ago.

forever broke

Visit site
Be aware that the quality of Hunter wellies is not the same as when you got your old ones.

^^this. My last pair split last october after 6 years, I got another pair and they split last month. Lasted me 7 months. Let's just say I'm glad they were on sale!

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I got some cornflower blue ones from the bentall centre in kingston for £59 last weekend. They had a few other colours in a 4 too. Think you can shop online with them too :)

Bigrob34

Visit site
Hunter moved their production abroad and changed from rubber to vinyl. Barbour bought Hunter's factory, moulds and work force and now Barbour make what used to be Hunter wellies. Hunters are wellies to be seen in at festivals, not wellies to work in the countryside.

I had a giggle to myself at all the girls wearing Hunters at Glastonbury, and thought to myself 'you've never had to use your wellies in a true wells environment...'

lelly

Visit site
Thanks everyone. Was looking at hunters because I've always had them, I like the fit as well. I will have a look at the Barbour ones now.

indie999

Visit site
Hunter moved their production abroad and changed from rubber to vinyl. Barbour bought Hunter's factory, moulds and work force and now Barbour make what used to be Hunter wellies. Hunters are wellies to be seen in at festivals, not wellies to work in the countryside.

I had a giggle to myself at all the girls wearing Hunters at Glastonbury, and thought to myself 'you've never had to use your wellies in a true wells environment...'

I agree and most reviews now on hunter are not as good at all. I agree I keep looking at Hunter clones at Glastonbury too. Good advertising.

lelly

Visit site
Flat3 are the kids ones narrow around the calfs? The ladies ones just fit my calfs so I can't have any smaller ones.

Elsiecat

Visit site
Yes. Hunters told me to ask shop. Shop told me to go direct to hunters. 2 weeks into endless emails and phone calls I have up!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Hunters are not for farmers anymore, but for festival goers who are only going to wear them once or twice a year. Even the copy markets in China have started selling them alongside their other designer copies. They're about £20, which is about what they are worth!!

Flora

Visit site
Another that agrees they are not the same as they used to be! I had a pair that I wore everyday for about 10 yrs and they were really good. Bought another pair and I was lucky if they lasted a year. I have a pair of the Huntress wellies as cant get my legs into normal ones now,but they are in the cupboard as they just don't seem as comfortable as they used to.

thatsmygirl

Visit site
Wouldn't waste my money on hunters, we sell them in the country shop and the amount of returns are stupid!! 8 weeks seems to be the norm now for hunters to last before they split. Elsiecat your sale contract is with the shop, they should be dealing with you not hunter direct. We are sick of hunters and the leading country shop " mole valley" are not stocking them anymore once all stock is gone, others may follow yet!!

Janee

Visit site
I have to agree Hunters not what they used to be, I need to replace my daughters which have split, what make are people happy with at the moment?

maisie06

Visit site
Don't bother - Hunter are now only in the fashion market, ok for once a week on the high street, useless for anything else.....

maisie06

Visit site
Wouldn't waste my money on hunters, we sell them in the country shop and the amount of returns are stupid!! 8 weeks seems to be the norm now for hunters to last before they split. Elsiecat your sale contract is with the shop, they should be dealing with you not hunter direct. We are sick of hunters and the leading country shop " mole valley" are not stocking them anymore once all stock is gone, others may follow yet!!

We have stopped doing all wellies where I work - the hassle and rate of returns is just not worth it....

Whoopit

Visit site
Hi I'm looking for some new ladies hunter wellies. Mine have split after many many years of use. Anyone bought any cheapish ones lately? I've been having a look but they seem to be so expensive. Mine were half the price but it was about twenty years ago.

Christ alive! You've had a pair of Hunter wellies that lasted 20yrs? ****** a duck! I've had two pairs that haven't lasted a year each and my fella has a pair that didn't make it 6mths without bloody leaking!

camilla4

Visit site
Christ alive! You've had a pair of Hunter wellies that lasted 20yrs? ****** a duck! I've had two pairs that haven't lasted a year each and my fella has a pair that didn't make it 6mths without bloody leaking!

My original pair lasted 22 years! The next pair - about 8 months - wouldn't touch them again.

FionaM12

Visit site
:( Just saw some second hand "worn once" in my size for £30. Now I've read this even that looks like a waste of money. My old Dunlops have lasted better than people are saying hunters do! :(