Hunting barefoot

P.forpony

Visit site
Resurrecting for a quick update,

Took mine for his first full days proper hunting yesterday.

Started with front boots... the going was a bottomless as the somme on a wet weekend.

Rather inevitably, lost both within about half an hour. Fortunately managed to recover them but didn't even attempt to put back on, just lobbed them on the quad and cracked on barefoot.

He was a superstar, no issues at all. So I think we've actually managed it!
Boots at home and for roadwork to keep as much foot intact as possible ready to be barefoot on the business days 😊

Bernster

Visit site
Weeeeeee 🎉 we made it out on Sunday! Almost didn’t as I had a bad nights sleep, and woke up to a frosty start so I was worried about how the ground would be. But I got my act together and very glad I did ! He was awesome. I wouldn’t have wanted to be on any other horse in that field. He came off the lorry cool as anything, stood for me to get on despite the field and hounds milling around (we’ve not been out for 2 years) and was just a total rockstar the whole day.

Coped fine with the ground. I came back to trot on the corners and steadied him up during the boggy bits but it was nice not to worry about losing shoes in that mud. One tiny slip as we came too fast out of a big puddle on the road, but that was it. His feet were in great shape afterwards and he’s all fine today.

I won’t be able to get out now until after Xmas but as long as I avoid stony ground I won’t worry about him having no shoes.