Hunting down a dual carriageway!

Fools Motto

Visit site
Rubbish.What was THE TRAIL doing going near a main road.You are supposed to be TRAIL HUNTING.Fox hunting with dogs is illegal.

Perhaps they were trail hunting, just that the sabs lured the hounds the wrong way with their trail. Distance is no object to fit hounds.

Bede

Visit site
How frightening. If it's true it was caused by sabs, it just proves that they are not primarily driven by animal welfare

blowsbubbles

Visit site
Exactly, how can anyone claim to love animals and do that? Was there any evidence for it being a sab?

I believe there is a thread on the hunting forum, and heard a few 'hunt neutral' witnesses has seen the hounds being lured/ taken off sent, plus heard the sab report was sketchy on a few detailks.
Common sense tells me no way would a hunt go anywhere near a dual carriageway especially with so much controversy around them all ready so it would suggest sadly lured :-(

Polar Bear9

Visit site
I believe there is a thread on the hunting forum, and heard a few 'hunt neutral' witnesses has seen the hounds being lured/ taken off sent, plus heard the sab report was sketchy on a few detailks.
Common sense tells me no way would a hunt go anywhere near a dual carriageway especially with so much controversy around them all ready so it would suggest sadly lured :-(

It just seems counter productive :/ I'm not exactly pro-hunting but neither am I especially anti. I am however definitely anti-cruelty and surely whatever sabs claim to believe, by definition, they must be anti cruelty and must realise that leading a pack into a major road is hardly an animal friendly activity.

Equi

Visit site
If this was the work of sabs they should be held accountable for causing obstruction and attempt to cause harm to animals. Im not pro- hunting but I'm anti-animal cruelty and the bloody sabs are trying to harm horses and hounds in their attempt to save the foxes!

A friend was at a hunt watching and she saw sabs hide in bushes and jump out at kids and flap about trying to make their ponies throw them. Kids!!!!

Last edited:

RunToEarth

Visit site
Rubbish.What was THE TRAIL doing going near a main road.You are supposed to be TRAIL HUNTING.Fox hunting with dogs is illegal.
They are dogs, they are not robots.

As someone who witnessed hounds being drawn across an A road not two years ago by antis - this does happen, and it is the absolutely barbaric considering these are "animal lovers".

There is no law regarding hunting a trail close to a road, we are plauged with them all over the UK- gout that doesn't mean it is a acceptable to draw hounds onto a road. Good on the hunt staff for having the balls to retrieve their hounds from what looks like a very fast road.

Tern

Visit site

Oh pull yourself together, we know fox hunting with dogs is illegal - it has been since November 2004, you need to realise that people still like hunting and you can't change that. :rolleyes:

Sabs did lure these hounds off and it may have simply been they were hunting two fields away from the road.. if the horn is blown the hounds will go and they are quick.. A hound was actually injured.

Shantara

Visit site
Another who is certainly not pro-hunting, but the things I have heard sabs doing is disgusting. It's fine to be anti-hunting, but to endanger the lives of the hounds, horses and humans like that is just unforgivable. It's a miracle no one was hurt or killed!

(Had to giggle at jumping the central reservation though! I've imagined doing that while in the car several times :p)

Alec Swan

Visit site
In the late 1960s there was a girl who I knew who had a black TB called Jack. She and the horse lived in Hertfordshire. On the main A1 between Apex Corner and Stirling Corner, there was a grass central reservation, with no crash barriers, and our young Rose, for a bit of fun, would gallop up that central reservation! The Police pulled up beside her once, asked her name "Annellie Drummond-Haye" she replied, and made good her escape across the golf course.

It's true!

Alec.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Sabs using a horn to lift and distract hounds is nothing new. I remember a day with the Croome when sabs blew them onto the railway.

Tnavas

Visit site
They are dogs, they are not robots.

As someone who witnessed hounds being drawn across an A road not two years ago by antis - this does happen, and it is the absolutely barbaric considering these are "animal lovers".

There is no law regarding hunting a trail close to a road, we are plauged with them all over the UK- gout that doesn't mean it is a acceptable to draw hounds onto a road. Good on the hunt staff for having the balls to retrieve their hounds from what looks like a very fast road.

The are NOT Dogs - they are HOUNDS please!