Hunting in Scotland

severnmiles

Visit site
I don't know alot about the Scottish legislation but I do know that they can flush with a pack of hounds whereas down here we can only flush with two dogs.

Sheltie

Visit site
thanks do you no if you have to shoot the animal once you have flushed it out, just wondering after reading all the debate on this forum

Sheltie

Visit site
Unfortunately or (luckily) there are no foxes on Shetland so never had the opportunity but do have a problem with hares hence the question,woul like to have gone hunting giveen the chance.

Sheltie

Visit site
have not shot any Personally but have flushed them out of paddock with dog where they had been destroying a turnip crop but neighbours do shoot them.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
Just scaring or driving away wild mammals with dogs is now illegal, unless you shoot them. That's certainly the law down here. It's cruel to flush out a wild mammal unless you then shoot it, then it's ok.

Thank god people aren't still allowing wild mammals to escape unharmed. Can you believe people used to do that?

I think there's some hunt fanatic in Devon who beleives in letting animals escape his dogs.

Clodagh

Visit site
On other areas pf this forum text speak is not allowed (can't speak for common room, never been there) could you please try to spell properly? Might make you appear older than 14.