Hunting is in a spot of bother

Sandstone1

Visit site
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My new years resolution is to stay off this thread. Its not good for me! If you feel I have been rude I will not apologise. Its a subject that I feel very strongly about and recognise the opposite side do too. It brings out strong feelings on both sides but I honestly do not feel I have been rude, its a pretty tame thread given the subject matter!
Its just a waste of time going over old ground again and again because we will never agree.
I am pleased that other than a few posters on here it does seem most are against illegal hunting which does give me some hope.
I leave this video here from yesterday when the Warwickshire hunt killed yet again at a childrens meet.
I shall not comment on it.

Koweyka

Visit site
For goodness sake @Koweyka, whoever blocked badger setts is not 'my' (or probably any other poster on this thread's) soft underbelly! Stop conflating all of your hatred for a different group of people into one thing. Interfering with a badger sett is an offence under the Protection of Badgers Act and this may be part of a hunt's activity and may be part of a Hunting Act offence but it is nothing to do with the legal trail hunting that is supported on this thread.
It’s every
Please tell me what you and your friends do for charity, that was my very first question to you and a simple one in my view. I have seen many of you over the years and all I see is rent a mob who are happy to throw ball bearings under horses and lure hounds onto the roads.
Have a read back through the thread and I have stated exactly what my particular groups does for local wildlife charities.
Surely you filmed these events, post the videos and what did the police say ? Lots of accusations like this are made with barely any substance to back the claims up.

palo1

Visit site
The arrogance of this statement is astounding.

Everyone who is in an area which is being hunted has hunting imposed upon them whether they like it or not.

Is it equally true then that everyone who lives near a church where the congregation park and where the bells ring and weddings, christenings and funerals are carried out has Christianity imposed on them? Are the mosques in the big cities imposing Islam on everyone? I think it is time people actually practiced the tolerance that our society values tbh.

Koweyka

Visit site
For goodness sake @Koweyka, whoever blocked badger setts is not 'my' (or probably any other poster on this thread's) soft underbelly! Stop conflating all of your hatred for a different group of people into one thing. Interfering with a badger sett is an offence under the Protection of Badgers Act and this may be part of a hunt's activity and may be part of a Hunting Act offence but it is nothing to do with the legal trail hunting that is supported on this thread.

So you aren’t condemning it then, especially as hunt terriermen were covertly filmed ….

If I want to ask a question or an opinion on something entirely relevant to why this thread was started it’s my prerogative to do so, it clearly makes you uncomfortable as you trot out the same lame rhetoric about legal hunting when quite frankly the only people who believe you are the people that can’t let go of the past.

palo1

Visit site

My new years resolution is to stay off this thread. Its not good for me! If you feel I have been rude I will not apologise. Its a subject that I feel very strongly about and recognise the opposite side do too. It brings out strong feelings on both sides but I honestly do not feel I have been rude, its a pretty tame thread given the subject matter!
Its just a waste of time going over old ground again and again because we will never agree.
I am pleased that other than a few posters on here it does seem most are against illegal hunting which does give me some hope.
I leave this video here from yesterday when the Warwickshire hunt killed yet again at a childrens meet.

I don't think one single poster on this thread supports illegal hunting.

palo1

Visit site
So you aren’t condemning it then, especially as hunt terriermen were covertly filmed ….

If I want to ask a question or an opinion on something entirely relevant to why this thread was started it’s my prerogative to do so, it clearly makes you uncomfortable as you trot out the same lame rhetoric about legal hunting when quite frankly the only people who believe you are the people that can’t let go of the past.

You are absolutely inventing things @Koweyka. I have no idea what has happened at the badger sett you are talking about. I have made it clear that I know an offence may have been committed under 2 separate laws - that might suggest that I would condemn whatever has taken place. If it makes you feel better I will say clearly here that I condemn interfering with a badger sett; which I do of course.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Then your experience is different from others. Our local foot hunt has been targeted at local pubs, among other places in recent years, they were hardly illegally hunting there!
That is most unfortunate if your local foot hunt is a legal hunt. But if it's a naughty hunt, then catching them at the pub before or after the meet is probably fair game.

Repeated bad publicity from the antis brought to businesses and landowners which supported my local pack before it switched from illegal to legal hunting helped to force the hunt to ditch illegal hunting.

Now they are legit, the bad publicity has stopped.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I think you are grossly overstating the cultural impact of fox hunting. It's a minority sport done for the most part by people who want a whizz across country on horseback.

I completely agree. A minority sport, with a clique within that minority for whom the practice does have cultural importance.

Koweyka

Visit site

The Pro hunt won’t watch or comment on this, doesn’t fit in with their fantasy world. My wish for 2022 is that hunting finally dies and consigned to history. I won’t say what else I want to because other posters are right, I hate hunting and trail hunting and all that are associated with it, watching that video has reinforced my feelings of disgust for the whole shameful lot of them.

Indy

Visit site
Is it equally true then that everyone who lives near a church where the congregation park and where the bells ring and weddings, christenings and funerals are carried out has Christianity imposed on them? Are the mosques in the big cities imposing Islam on everyone? I think it is time people actually practiced the tolerance that our society values tbh.
So when the hunt trespass on your land, trash newly drilled fields, worry your sheep and terrorise your horses you should practice tolerance? (Because that's what Jesus would do)

Sandstone1

Visit site
The Pro hunt won’t watch or comment on this, doesn’t fit in with their fantasy world. My wish for 2022 is that hunting finally dies and consigned to history. I won’t say what else I want to because other posters are right, I hate hunting and trail hunting and all that are associated with it, watching that video has reinforced my feelings of disgust for the whole shameful lot of them.
I know they will not comment as what can they say?
Happy New year and I hope you get your wish.

Koweyka

Visit site
You are absolutely inventing things @Koweyka. I have no idea what has happened at the badger sett you are talking about. I have made it clear that I know an offence may have been committed under 2 separate laws - that might suggest that I would condemn whatever has taken place. If it makes you feel better I will say clearly here that I condemn interfering with a badger sett; which I do of course.
No I am not, I asked a question and asked what pro hunts feelings were on it, especially as it’s more proof of illegal hunting and mentioned in the webinars which this thread was originally about, then you pipe up claiming irrelevance, there is nothing you say that makes me feel much of anything to be honest, other than pity with a dash of amusement.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

I have never heard of a bunch of Moslems running down the road past a field of horses cause any injuries, never mind ones resulting in death. I don't think a group of Christians has ever killed a pet cat or a deer while out for a jog, either.

I cannot believe you would compare the potential irritation of being held up by a funeral cortège with being held up by a road blocked by a load of people having a jolly on horseback.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
That is most unfortunate if your local foot hunt is a legal hunt. But if it's a naughty hunt, then catching them at the pub before or after the meet is probably fair game.

Repeated bad publicity from the antis brought to businesses and landowners which supported my local pack before it switched from illegal to legal hunting helped to force the hunt to ditch illegal hunting.

Now they are legit, the bad publicity has stopped.
So violence by people who believe that an offence may be committed later is OK by you? I'm surprised that such law abiding people are supporting Vigilantism.

Sandstone1

Visit site
I have never heard of a bunch of Moslems running down the road past a field of horses cause any injuries, never mind ones resulting in death. I don't think a group of Christians has ever killed a pet cat or a deer while out for a jog, either.

I cannot believe you would compare the potential irritation of being held up by a funeral cortège with being held up by a road blocked by a load of people having a jolly on horseback.
There you have a good example of the mind set we have here.

Fred66

Visit site
No I am not, I asked a question and asked what pro hunts feelings were on it, especially as it’s more proof of illegal hunting and mentioned in the webinars which this thread was originally about, then you pipe up claiming irrelevance, there is nothing you say that makes me feel much of anything to be honest, other than pity with a dash of amusement.
We keep saying that we do not agree with illegal hunting or actions linked to illegal hunting, you just don’t listen.
Can I also point out that it doesn’t provide evidence of illegal fox hunting. Whilst it may be linked to the hunt you have not provided any evidence that it is.
To be honest based on your lack of acknowledgment of the appalling behaviour by many sabs and other comments made by you, then I would hazard a guess that you’re out breaking the law on a regular basis yourself. So to try and put yourself on some moral high ground over others who have denounced illegal hunting is laughable.

paddy555

Visit site
You are definitely not having hunting imposed on you and never have. It is like everything else - if you don't like it don't access it or join in! It is like many other elements of society and culture.

but when it is running across my fields and causing disturbance, blocking roads etc what do you suggest I do?
I haven't exactly noticed other elements of society and culture doing that sort of thing. :(

Sandstone1

Visit site
The problem is that while you keep saying you do not agree with illegal hunting you make a very good show of doing just that. Do you comment on the clear law breaking on the videos etc on here?

Fred66

Visit site
I don’t believe Palo did compare this. These were examples of things that require tolerance.
Same as cycle races, horse fun rides etc.
Also horses being on roads are there whether they are hunting legally or not.
It appears that tolerance is no longer something that is to be applauded. Persecution of minority groups is apparently acceptable to you, if that minority doesn’t meet your moral code.

paddy555

Visit site
I don’t believe Palo did compare this. These were examples of things that require tolerance.
It appears that tolerance is no longer something that is to be applauded. Persecution of minority groups is apparently acceptable to you, if that minority doesn’t meet your moral code.

I think when we bring Christianity and persecution of minority groups into it then it is just starting to show hunt supporters up for being totally ridiculous.

Fred66

Visit site
The problem is that while you keep saying you do not agree with illegal hunting you make a very good show of doing just that. Do you comment on the clear law breaking on the videos etc on here?
No I don’t.
I have stated my position repeatedly, I don’t feel the need to keep repeating that in response to every link you post. Especially as I don’t know the provenance of the links.

Sandstone1

Visit site
The problem is the disruption caused by the hunt on roads as in holding up the traffic, completely blocking the road in some cases, hunting along side the road, expecting and actually demanding that traffic stops for them and riding on the road in the dark all just really annoys people and makes it much less likely that traffic will slow down for riders as we all get tarred with the same brush and labelled as rude, and arrogant by drivers.

Upthecreek

Visit site
I’m all for freedom of choice as long as the activities people choose to participate in don’t negatively impact those who have nothing to do with the activity. And I don’t just mean hunting. For example I disagree with roads being closed for cycle races. Why should I be inconvenienced and have to take a 10 mile detour because some lads in Lycra want to pretend they’re in the Tour de France? If you happen to live near a football stadium, but have no interest in football, chances are you will resent the disruption on match days. Trouble is there are many many activities that impact on those that haven’t chosen to participate. Do we ban them all?

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
The problem is the disruption caused by the hunt on roads as in holding up the traffic, completely blocking the road in some cases, hunting along side the road, expecting and actually demanding that traffic stops for them and riding on the road in the dark all just really annoys people and makes it much less likely that traffic will slow down for riders as we all get tarred with the same brush and labelled as rude, and arrogant by drivers.
That could just as easily apply to the cyclist groups locally, who block the roads, both with their actual race and with their entourages who park most inconsiderate.

Koweyka

Visit site
We keep saying that we do not agree with illegal hunting or actions linked to illegal hunting, you just don’t listen.
Can I also point out that it doesn’t provide evidence of illegal fox hunting. Whilst it may be linked to the hunt you have not provided any evidence that it is.
To be honest based on your lack of acknowledgment of the appalling behaviour by many sabs and other comments made by you, then I would hazard a guess that you’re out breaking the law on a regular basis yourself. So to try and put yourself on some moral high ground over others who have denounced illegal hunting is laughable.
Yes total lawbreaker me, out day and night causing trouble while the little fox hunters sleep soundly dreaming of hunting foxes.

No wonder your hunt gets sabbed, they are clearly seeing what your attitude on this thread portrays. Because if you bothered to read back I have on many many occasions denounced the violence on both sides, but like all pro hunt don’t let the truth get in front of the trail hunt lie.