Hunting is in a spot of bother

Fred66

Visit site
I think when we bring Christianity and persecution of minority groups into it then it is just starting to show hunt supporters up for being totally ridiculous.
Really why ?
I am not suggesting that hunts should get protected status just that with any minority sport or leisure activity tolerance should be shown.
Cyclists annoy me but they have as much right to be on the road as I do. So I just take a deep breath and think nice thoughts when I get held up by them.

Sandstone1

Visit site
That could just as easily apply to the cyclist groups locally, who block the roads, both with their actual race and with their entourages who park most inconsiderate.
It could do yes, but its hard enough to get traffic to slow for horses as it is without the hunt annoying people and making them less likely to slow down.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
It could do yes, but its hard enough to get traffic to slow for horses as it is without the hunt annoying people and making them less likely to slow down.
Ah so that's about self interest, rather than anything else? Also I presume that followers of trail hunts cause this problem, so hardly an issue of illegal hunting.

Gallop_Away

Visit site
We keep saying that we do not agree with illegal hunting or actions linked to illegal hunting, you just don’t listen.
Can I also point out that it doesn’t provide evidence of illegal fox hunting. Whilst it may be linked to the hunt you have not provided any evidence that it is.
To be honest based on your lack of acknowledgment of the appalling behaviour by many sabs and other comments made by you, then I would hazard a guess that you’re out breaking the law on a regular basis yourself. So to try and put yourself on some moral high ground over others who have denounced illegal hunting is laughable.

Hear hear! Not one single person has said they support illegal hunting. It just goes to show we really can not win no matter what we do.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Persecution of minority groups is apparently acceptable to you, if that minority doesn’t meet your moral code.

Don't put words in my mouth ?

I don't agree with the persecution of any group, minor or major. Sensible and polite behaviour of legal (spirit of the law) trail hunts does meet my moral code. I am, unlike some people, able both to disagree with poor behaviour and to understand why it is happening.

And Palo DID compare the irritation of a funeral with hunting.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
So violence by people who believe that an offence may be committed later is OK by you? I'm surprised that such law abiding people are supporting Vigilantism.
At no point did you mention that those antis used violence. I have made it clear many times that I do not support law breaking on either side.

My post was made assuming that it was a peaceful protest outside a pub against a hunt known to hunt illegally.

I do not know the hunts in your area, so have no idea if they hunt legally or illegally.

palo1

Visit site
So when the hunt trespass on your land, trash newly drilled fields, worry your sheep and terrorise your horses you should practice tolerance? (Because that's what Jesus would do)

I think that is a really silly answer - I have never suggested that and have posted just a bit earlier about how that kind of incident may be dealt with under the trespass laws. Not actually interested in Jesus btw!!

palo1

Visit site
Don't put words in my mouth ?

I don't agree with the persecution of any group, minor or major. Sensible and polite behaviour of legal (spirit of the law) trail hunts does meet my moral code. I am, unlike some people, able both to disagree with poor behaviour and to understand why it is happening.

And Palo DID compare the irritation of a funeral with hunting.

No I didn't.

palo1

Visit site
Really why ?
I am not suggesting that hunts should get protected status just that with any minority sport or leisure activity tolerance should be shown.
Cyclists annoy me but they have as much right to be on the road as I do. So I just take a deep breath and think nice thoughts when I get held up by them.

Yup, because that is what tolerance looks like! It's clearly not something in fashion currently...

minesadouble

Visit site
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My new years resolution is to stay off this thread. Its not good for me! If you feel I have been rude I will not apologise. Its a subject that I feel very strongly about and recognise the opposite side do too. It brings out strong feelings on both sides but I honestly do not feel I have been rude, its a pretty tame thread given the subject matter!
Its just a waste of time going over old ground again and again because we will never agree.
I am pleased that other than a few posters on here it does seem most are against illegal hunting which does give me some hope.
I leave this video here from yesterday when the Warwickshire hunt killed yet again at a childrens meet.
I shall not comment on it.

Ooh, your just like me, cramming those last few comments in before midnight in the same way I'm relishing this lovely glass of wine before dry January ?

ycbm

Visit site
No I didn't.

Is it equally true then that everyone who lives near a church where the congregation park and where the bells ring and weddings, christenings and funerals are carried out has Christianity imposed on them? Are the mosques in the big cities imposing Islam on everyone? I think it is time people actually practiced the tolerance that our society values tbh.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
You are definitely not having hunting imposed on you and never have. It is like everything else - if you don't like it don't access it or join in! It is like many other elements of society and culture.

Tbf Palo, you know that for some of us, that’s nonsense. There’s plenty of examples of hunts being where they shouldn’t be, and causing havoc when they are. That’s imposing.

The hunt came on to my property a few years ago, well the hounds did. To say I was incandescent is an understatement.

There was no reason for them to be anywhere near it.

Last edited:

ycbm

Visit site
Hear hear! Not one single person has said they support illegal hunting. It just goes to show we really can not win no matter what we do.

You have been told many times how you can win.

Stop laying the scent of the animal you are not legally allowed to hunt.
Split away from the hunts which people at the top of the MFA well know are hunting fox.

But you don't want to hear it. And the deafness of those at the top of trail hunting will result, I think, in it being lost completely.

palo1

Visit site
Everyone who is in an area which is being hunted has hunting imposed upon them whether they like it or not.[/QUOTE]
Oh you can, Stop hunting!

You must have forgotten @Sandstone that trail hunting is legal. Why should people stop carrying out a legal activity because other people don't like it? This is not a fascist regime. We are not talking about being allowed to or wanting to hunt illegally remember. This is about the mess that trail hunting is in. Not a single person has said that illegal hunting should be allowed. Every single poster in favour of trail hunting has recognised the impact of illegal hunting, every single one. I think every pro-trail hunting poster has also said that the MFHA need a complete overhaul; there is very little support for the management of hunting here. I think you would like to think otherwise though as then you could take out your frustration and ire on people on an internet forum. It beats me as to why but we are all different...

palo1

Visit site
Tbf Palo, you know that for some of us, that’s nonsense. There’s plenty of examples of hunts being where they shouldn’t be, and causing havoc when they are.

The hunt came on to my property a few years ago, well the hounds did. To say I was incandescent is an understatement.

Yes, that was wrong. An imposition on your property for sure. Without that act of trespass hunting would not be imposed on you though would it? Perhaps it's very existence would make some people's lives miserable but I would claim the same about some factory farming, about the existence of political parties and social groups whose ideology I find disgusting, about the relentless march of supermarkets which are imposed on me visually and philosophically as I drive down the road. We have to live together somehow and what other people do is what creates 'society'. I think saying that hunting is imposed on people when it is clearly a minority activity is not accurate.

Gallop_Away

Visit site
Oh you can, Stop hunting!

And right there that is exactly my point! No matter what we do or how much we try to show you that we are not hunting foxes, you simply don't want to see the truth and will continue in your hate campaign against us.
It just goes to prove my earlier point that you only see what you want to see and it has nothing to do with protecting foxes and everything to do with your blatant hatred for those who take part in hunting, the fact it is legal is immaterial to you. If it were you would take notice of the fact that myself and others on this thread have stated time and time again that we do not support illegal hunting and would not continue to come back with such blatantly insulting comments as the one I am quoting above.
I do not see the point in engaging with yourself on this any further as you are clearly so caught up in your own short sighted hatred to see any reason.

Miss_Millie

Visit site
Tbf Palo, you know that for some of us, that’s nonsense. There’s plenty of examples of hunts being where they shouldn’t be, and causing havoc when they are. That’s imposing.

Like Mini and Spider the cat who both got killed on their owner's properties by hounds this past year. I don't see any cyclists killing cats!

palo1

Visit site

Where exactly in that post did I mention a cortege or other specific aspects of worship or practice? I was referring to church bells and parking both of which include space and noise. Your determination to argue when my meaning is clear, is a bit ridiculous.

Sandstone1

Visit site
And right there that is exactly my point! No matter what we do or how much we try to show you that we are not hunting foxes, you simply don't want to see the truth and will continue in your hate campaign against us.
It just goes to prove my earlier point that you only see what you want to see and it has nothing to do with protecting foxes and everything to do with your blatant hatred for those who take part in hunting, the fact it is legal is immaterial to you. If it were you would take notice of the fact that myself and others on this thread have stated time and time again that we do not support illegal hunting and would not continue to come back with such blatantly insulting comments as the one I am quoting above.
I do not see the point in engaging with yourself on this any further as you are clearly so caught up in your own short sighted hatred to see any reason.
Thank you so much for telling me what I think and feel! You may personally not hunt foxes but there is ample evidence to show it goes on.

Sandstone1

Visit site
Ah so that's about self interest, rather than anything else? Also I presume that followers of trail hunts cause this problem, so hardly an issue of illegal hunting.
We only have a hunt that hunts foxes here so I wouldnt know about trail hunts, presumably they dont cause as much disruption as they dont hunt by main roads?

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Cyclists do not often go round ripping foxes or deer apart though do they? I mean I know they are annoying but I have not seen them in pursuit of a fox yet!
Your argument is somewhat incoherent, and you appear to be attempting to change what you object to, depending on which action you think will garner most approval from those who hold similar views to yourself.

Sandstone1

Visit site
Your argument is somewhat incoherent, and you appear to be attempting to change what you object to, depending on which action you think will garner most approval from those who hold similar views to yourself.
You what? I do not understand that, Not only do you not understand sarcasm you seem to have no sense of humour either.

Last edited:

Koweyka

Visit site
I often wonder if the huntsman of any of the “legal packs” discussed on here attended the online webinars and if any the posters from these “legal packs” are brave enough to admit it if they were, be a massive coincidence if they all say no, given how many did attend ….

paddy555

Visit site

well yes, but they normally stay on the road not my fields. The only reason I can see for a trail hunt going through fields/yards (with no right of way) is either hounds are out of control, not a brilliant idea or alternatively they are simply sticking 2 fingers up. Which of the 2 is it? neither is better than the other.

Fred66

Visit site
Yes total lawbreaker me, out day and night causing trouble while the little fox hunters sleep soundly dreaming of hunting foxes.

No wonder your hunt gets sabbed, they are clearly seeing what your attitude on this thread portrays. Because if you bothered to read back I have on many many occasions denounced the violence on both sides, but like all pro hunt don’t let the truth get in front of the trail hunt lie.
I remember Sandstone saying once when pushed that they didn’t agree with violence, but at no point do I remember you doing so, please point me to your post if you have.
I am quite unashamedly pro-hunt, but I am also against illegal behaviour. Some hunts do claim to trail hunt when they aren’t but many more are actually hunting a trail.
But like all sabs you don’t want to know because that inconvenient truth would get in the way of your attempt at some moral high ground when in fact you enjoy the provocation and fear that you perpetuate, through your illegal behaviour.
Hunt monitors are perfectly acceptable and I would welcome them but not sabs

Last edited:

Koweyka

Visit site
I remember Sandstone saying once when pushed that they didn’t agree with violence, but at no point do I remember you doing so, please point me to your post if you have.
I am quite unashamedly pro-hunt, but I am also against illegal behaviour. Some hunts do claim to trail hunt when they aren’t but many more are actually hunting a trail.
But like all sabs you don’t want to know because that inconvenient truth would get in the way of your attempt at some moral high ground when in fact you enjoy the provocation and fear that you perpetuate, through your illegal behaviour.
Hunt monitors are perfectly acceptable and I would welcome them but not sabs[/

Post 1,759 ….it was in reply …..to you as a matter of fact