Hurrah!! They are leaving (sorry, bitofarant)

Pedantic

Visit site
Pedantic, I like reading your posts, you talk a lot of sense as a rule. However, I can't understand your logic at all, here.
I don't offer livery, I don't run a livery yard, I helped out some people who said they had nowhere to keep their horses.
I didn't get a red cent in return. Despite promises to pay.
Who am I discriminating against?
The miscreants did, actually, fall into one of the categories described, but that didn't have any bearing on their refusal to pay, I'm sure.

I didn't mean you as you say you don't run a livery yard it's your home, I was meaning others who do run livery yards then slag everyone else off, because they had a couple of bad liveries, they talk like everyone is bad, which I think is totally unfair.

skint1

Visit site
I agree with Pedantic, it makes me feel really sad to read all these "liveries are rubbish" posts- also from what I see in my real life and read about in my internet travels there are just as many unreasonable and shady YOs (both private and livery) as there are liveries. There are also a lot of people who seem to have them when really they don't want them. In JillA's instance, I feel she's probably justified to want these specific people off, but if she found someone who had the same standards, or who let her run things with no interference or question.. she'd probably be fine. I myself have been extremely lucky and haven't experienced the very worst either from other liveries or YOs/YMs but I try very hard to make the best of what I have and am extremely grateful for my YO and YM.

Last edited:

BlackRider

Visit site
I agree with Pedantic, it makes me feel really sad to read all these "liveries are rubbish" posts- also from what I see in my real life and read about in my internet travels there are just as many unreasonable and shady YOs (both private and livery) as there are liveries. There are also a lot of people who seem to have them when really they don't want them. In JillA's instance, I feel she's probably justified to want these specific people off, but if she found someone who had the same standards, or who let her run things with no interference or question.. she'd probably be fine. I myself have been extremely lucky and haven't experienced the very worst either from other liveries or YOs/YMs but I try very hard to make the best of what I have and am extremely grateful for my YO and YM.

this ^^ I'm not lucky enough to have my horse at home, and I try to always be conscious that I'm on someone else's home, and treat it with respect, tidy up after myself and, and be generally polite.

Goldenstar

Visit site
this ^^ I'm not lucky enough to have my horse at home, and I try to always be conscious that I'm on someone else's home, and treat it with respect, tidy up after myself and, and be generally polite.

I think the thing is people tend to come here to dump when things are not going great .
They then remind other people about other and experiances who then post .

Sir barnaby

Visit site
Hi, I totally agree with Pedantic, not all of us are that bad, I am at a lovely livery yard not too big and with 9 horses but only 4 people, we do all our own field maintenance, husbands do repairs and help YO with jobs, fields are kept immaculate, even though we have no facilities we don't ride in fields when wet, we are considerate to others when someone needs yard for farrier, vet etc. Yes sometimes we have different opinions on things but as long as the horses are healthy and safe we do more or less as we please in our own way with no interference with others, we have had occasional 'problem liveries' in the past but they are sussed out pretty quickly and usually leave just as quick when their behaviour is not tolerated. Unfortunately there are people in all walks of life that spoil it for others, but running a livery could be a nightmare, I would be very careful if I was in that position and vet each and every one that asks to come into a yard, with a trial period.