Hurray for Shearwater Breakdown Service!

SpottedCat

Visit site
I have the wagon insured with Shearwater, and also use their breakdown cover.

Today's events went something like this:

4.15, get onto M5 going North.
4.20, see woman waving wildly out of car window and realise she is trying to tell me there is something wrong with one of the back tyres.
4.21 see sign saying services 5 miles, decide to take the truck there.
4.30 arrive at Bridgwater services, ring breakdown people.
4.35 get automated text from breakdown people telling me who would be with me and that they would be there by 5.35
5.05 breakdown van pulls in and cheerfully greets me
5.45 I pull out of services on my way again

Amazing service! Not the first time they have managed to sort out tyres for me either, it was just as quick last time!

Saf

community.webshots.com
I have them too, used them once and again like you they were fab
grin.gif

alwaysbroke

Visit site
Thats great service and good to know, my box is insured with them too, but fortunatly havent had to use the breakdown service yet.......perhaps I shouldnt have posted this and tempted fate........

TableDancer

Visit site
TBH what impresses me most about this whole story is that you were on the M5 at 4.15 am!!! Intentionally!!! Full marks for commitment
wink.gif
Hope you got to wherever it was when you needed to and that it was worth it
smile.gif

PS Pretty imprpessive from Shearwater too, though
wink.gif

SpottedCat

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
TBH what impresses me most about this whole story is that you were on the M5 at 4.15 am!!! Intentionally!!! Full marks for commitment
wink.gif
Hope you got to wherever it was when you needed to and that it was worth it
smile.gif

PS Pretty imprpessive from Shearwater too, though
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? 4.15 in the afternoon, obviously! I was just on my way home with horse after he'd been on his holiday. He was so pleased to be home that when I turned him out this morning he demonstrated just how athletic he is feeling, and I was glad I'd decided to hold off riding.....

TableDancer

Visit site
PMSL why did I think AM??? I'm sure I saw it clearly written - swear to God I'm going bonkers! Still, must make you feel good that I attribute that degree of commitment to you, thought you must have been off to some unmissable outing
wink.gif

We are still yardbound - lanes too icy, school frozen, lorry in garage and lanes too icy to get it home tomorrow
frown.gif
Self-pitying? Moi?

SpottedCat

Visit site
No idea, I think in 4 years of eventing I've left that early once. Certainly could not be arsed for anything you can do in the winter. I am pleased that my carefully developed charade of being ultra-committed is fooling people though, shame you don't get prizes for trying hard hey?!

Luckily we are not too bad here - all the roads are gritted and though the yard is icy it is also gravel (where the lorry is) so easy to get in and out of. Weirdly our school is not frozen except early morning/late afternoon. I am even planning a trip to Hand tomorrow night for a lesson as it all seems to be ok enough to get away with driving - I'll probably go the 'long' way via the M5 though!

TableDancer

Visit site
Main roads here are fine if you're careful, it's the lanes, including ours, that are lethal - and we had RAIN last night, early evening, that of course froze overnight to put an ice sheen on everything! I went to the supermarket yesterday afternoon and tried one way back into the village, blocked by tractor and trailer sliding backwards down the hill (despite being shoved by another tractor!) Tried a different route, blocked by a car sliding backwards down the hill (nearly into me!) Third time lucky... My school is basically a bit ancient, I think, one end still has a covering of snow, other end the sand is exposed so it's frozen solid as a rock. There is about a 15m zone in the middle which is rubber-covered, snow free and just aobut ok in the middle of the day, but not big wnough to play with a breaker in - T has ridden S on it... Just have to be patient, I think! (Doesn't play to my strengths, as you know!)

SpottedCat

Visit site
Yes, lanes round here are still bad, I'm just fortunate I think in that the places I want to go can be got to without using them.

If you can get the car out then you are more than welcome to come and ride mine, I am suicidal about the whole thing after having a lesson videoed yesterday. I must be the most malcoordinated person that ever attempted to learn to ride!

SpottedCat

Visit site
Do - for some inexplicable reason I am insanely busy with work this month (yes, that's right, winter IS the quiet time for ecologists, sleep will obviously be a distant memory in the summer), and I am still ill so it would be doing me a favour too!