Husk saddle pad to reduce sweat?

daydreamer

Visit site
hi,

I just wondered if anyone had actually used one of the Husk saddle pads and what it is like? My horse is really sweaty and I want to make sure he is comfortable. I currently use a Nuumed half wool numnah as people said that would help but it hasn't! I have just used normal cotton before too. Any reviews or alternatives welcome, I have an unusued saddle to sell so thought I would treat him :)

Nugget La Poneh

Visit site
When I looked at one, it looked to be very similar to the WOW one I have (but the husk was a bit thicker and had more stitching). The WOW one is no different for it's sweat wicking properties than any other cotton based cloth/pad I have - but it does dry quicker when off the horse, and is easier to clean (although never comes white again as you can't boil wash it!). Because of this, I haven't gone down the Husk route because I think it will be no different.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I've not tried the husk but have an ecogold, tried the PE version of that, and the Lemieux air one with bamboo. The ecogold is the best of that bunch, though the Lemieux works well too it is thicker so they tend to get used dependent on the amount of padding I require at the time. Both I much prefer to a bit of cotton. I use nuumed wool etc in winter for hunting

The main adv to me if the Lemieux is mine is prone to rubbing at coat change time

daydreamer

Visit site
Eeek more money than the husk ones!! I think his saddle only cost about £250 so it'd be funny if the saddle cloth ended up costing nearly half that!. I'll look into them, thanks :)