Husky hit by car in Bishops Stortford and has run off......l

keeperscottage

Visit site
My daughter was driving through Bishops Stortford about 7.15pm this evening near the Boys High School when a husky-type dog ran out into the road from the Pig Lane direction and was hit by a car. Driver didn't stop and dog ran off in the Spellbrook/Sawbridgeworth direction. My daughter gave chase for about a mile but could not find it after it turned off the road. Some joggers said they'd tried to catch it before it was hit but they couldn't get near it and it was really frightened. Could it have run off from Hatfield Forest? My daughter is so upset that she couldn't help the dog. Any local people know of someone looking for their husky? A long shot, I know, but thought I'd do a quick Forum post.

Jojo_Pea4

Visit site
I'm sawbridgeworth, havent seen or heard about it on facebook. Please post on facebook essex rider or herts rider and lots of people someone may be able to help.

flurrydor

Visit site
Sorry don't do Facebook but have been in touch with owner via dog lost web site and she says thank you very much to you OP. It is her dog, and she is now out trying to find him. Wish I lived closer I'd be out with her.

keeperscottage

Visit site
He's been found! Owner rang my daughter about 7.45am to say that he'd been found in a garden close to where my daughter last saw him. Just has a cut paw and is limping but weight bearing. A happy ending!

flurrydor

Visit site
Had a text this morning from his owner with a lovely picture of a happy husky, I'm so pleased he got home safely It's made my day. Well done OP.