Hydrotherapy... Fergie style ;)

JFTDWS

Visit site
Who was it had the hydrotherapy thread lately? Clearly F needs hydrotherapy, he's been working hard lately. It's a bit expensive though. This is what cheap skates do instead... (well he is scottish, and so am I sort of!)

10460741_575981419247_6905111056530774736_n.jpg

10448236_575981514057_7801786270219537993_n.jpg

10378936_575981578927_954779540500483244_n.jpg

It certainly improved the quality of his trot after - very tracky-uppy and flashy! So I'm calling it a complete success.

And I was very relieved to have put his neckstrap on before we went ;)

Fides

Visit site
Neck strap? You mean Oh ***** strap? lol

Looks fab! I so miss the Scottish beaches! Where abouts are you? I used to ride on Dunnett - long sandy shores and hardly any people!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Neck strap? You mean Oh ***** strap? lol

Looks fab! I so miss the Scottish beaches! Where abouts are you? I used to ride on Dunnett - long sandy shores and hardly any people!

Yep that's exactly what I mean!

Lol I'm in Essex ;) Pony hails from Tain. Dornoch beach is lovely, took the dog up there when I went to see F before buying. Don't know Dunnett, but sounds lovely!

Fides

Visit site
Yep that's exactly what I mean!

Lol I'm in Essex ;) Pony hails from Tain. Dornoch beach is lovely, took the dog up there when I went to see F before buying. Don't know Dunnett, but sounds lovely!

Dornoch is lovely too - I've ridden there too ;) For Dunnett think Dornoch but twice, maybe 3 times as long!

So if you know Dornoch you know the Berriedale Braes? Scariest thing I have ever done is drive a lorry up and down those!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Dornoch is lovely too - I've ridden there too ;) For Dunnett think Dornoch but twice, maybe 3 times as long!

So if you know Dornoch you know the Berriedale Braes? Scariest thing I have ever done is drive a lorry up and down those!

Wow, fabulous!

Not sure - literally just drove up there from Tain before we went to poke the baby Fergus and check he was real and not a stuffed toy ;) Fabulous part of the country - the most stunning scenery! Makes me feel sad being stuck down here just thinking of it!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Yay!! That looks super fun! I am desperate to take Ted to the beach, I wonder if he would actually go in the water though...

Oh, hello! It was fab :) You totally should :D Would love to see pics of that! F's great with water - he's been in floods up to his neck! - but he was a little silly with the waves :p

Minstrel_Ted

Visit site
Oh, hello! It was fab :) You totally should :D Would love to see pics of that! F's great with water - he's been in floods up to his neck! - but he was a little silly with the waves :p

Ted is such a diva, he has a hissy fit when I try to force him into a puddle. I think hubby would need waders and may need to lead us in lol!! :p

Auslander

Visit site
What fab photos! I'd love to take Alf to the beach - but I think I'd need more than a neckstrap! Sky hooks perhaps - and much gin beforehand...

Kat

Visit site
Fab photo!

How did you clean and dry your saddle after?

I would love to take Lex to the beach but being as land locked as it is possible to be on this island I can't face the drive with the trailer.

Dry Rot

Visit site
Better bring Fergie up here, Phil. This is Tain beach, or rather one of them, with Dornoch in the distance and one of he huge forests just visible. The girls did not have it all to themselves as there was another party out but there really is not enough room on the photo to get it all in.

That is Morrich Fearna and Morrich Kelpie, 4yo and 3yo respectively. (Oh, how young, you say, what shock and shame!). The first time on the beach for both ponies and they went in up to their chests! I'd better explain about the ages. We do believe in starting them young but it is done gradually over years and then only in short sessions when we judge they are ready for it. It seems to work. Kelpie (right, bottom picture) was 14HH and the rider 5'9" so quite mature for her age.

DSC00020_zps1f77541e.jpg

DSC00017_zps3a912746.jpg

JFTDWS

Visit site
Beautiful photos, you both look great! :)

Thanks - I won't lie, first time he came out of the water like that I was being flung around on the end of my neckstrap like a rag doll!

Ted is such a diva, he has a hissy fit when I try to force him into a puddle. I think hubby would need waders and may need to lead us in lol!! :p

LOL poor hubby gets the raw deal there!

What fab photos! I'd love to take Alf to the beach - but I think I'd need more than a neckstrap! Sky hooks perhaps - and much gin beforehand...

Ha, I reckon a full on parachute and a dose of amphetamines before hand (hey, Bond takes them, so it's fair game, right?!) might be in order!

Fab photo!

How did you clean and dry your saddle after?

I would love to take Lex to the beach but being as land locked as it is possible to be on this island I can't face the drive with the trailer.

Thanks! Er... I left it in my trailer to dry :p It's my Ideal VSD which I only use for hacking and J's ancient one he rarely uses either, so I confess I'm not overly worried about it. I'll give a clear this evening, I suppose. It's been soaked in floods more times than I can count and lived to tell the tale...

Yea you aren't in the best place for beach rides! Shame :(

Right ho, I really need to go plait it up :eek3:

JFTDWS

Visit site
Ah DR, you've caught them at the right age for it - before they're super fit and well enough muscled to act like a complete prat! F loves water - been in floods up to his neck - he was too busy enjoying being daft :p

Dry Rot

Visit site
Ah DR, you've caught them at the right age for it - before they're super fit and well enough muscled to act like a complete prat! F loves water - been in floods up to his neck - he was too busy enjoying being daft :p

Nevertheless, I am sure a few will be apoplectic at the mere thought of doing that with youngsters! The fact that they went in without question confirms what you say. They even survived it!

Cragrat

Visit site
Amazing pictures, both of down south and of up north!
That is how hydrotherapy should be done:)

And starting strong 3y/o's with gentle hacking with friends, is a far cry from the intensive arena based schooling many immature warmbloods are subjected to!

LauraWheeler

Visit site
Great pics. Looks like your both having so much fun.
Merryn was reluctant to go in the sea at first but once I got him in he wouldn't come out.

I took Lucy to the beach once but couldn't get her in the sea at all. Mind you it was -3 that day ;) Even the sand was frozen :eek:

Mince Pie

Visit site
Fides, I know Dornoch! We used to go on holiday there when I was a kid :)

Great photos JFTD, I've always wanted to go beach riding - although that wish may come true in the near future *bounce* :biggrin3:

Jesstickle

Visit site
Poor J. You are so neglectful. He will think you don't love him!

O and she looked like she was going to pee her pants the first time she did too. Just incase you were all concluding she is too cool for school :p

Last edited:

FreshandMinty

Visit site
What wonderful photos! He is extremely handsome :D

The other pic of DryRot’s is lovely too - I can’t see what anyone at all would be apoplectic about a 3y old and 4yr old being taken for a potter to a beach and into the water though:confused3: how odd:confused3: I would have thought that was just a good basic education. It’s a far cry from being backed as a 2 year old, lunged, repetitively schooled, jumped, or being in hard work - presuming they weren’t ridden hard for an hour each way to get there and battered along roads that is ;)

JFTD will your pony actually swim ? :cool:

JFTDWS

Visit site
Nevertheless, I am sure a few will be apoplectic at the mere thought of doing that with youngsters! The fact that they went in without question confirms what you say. They even survived it!

Aye, there's plenty of crackpots out there ;)

Mega Jel! Saw JTs pic this morning....need to go!

You do! :D

Amazing pictures, both of down south and of up north!
That is how hydrotherapy should be done:)

And starting strong 3y/o's with gentle hacking with friends, is a far cry from the intensive arena based schooling many immature warmbloods are subjected to!

Exactly :D Ta :)

Smashing photos of you both, looks like tremendous fun. Its always been on my wish list!

Definitely worth doing :D You'd love it!

Wanna see something else that's always been on my wishlist?

10420323_575980126837_667489803504918796_n.jpg

Shhh, don't tell anyone :p

Great pics. Looks like your both having so much fun.
Merryn was reluctant to go in the sea at first but once I got him in he wouldn't come out.

I took Lucy to the beach once but couldn't get her in the sea at all. Mind you it was -3 that day ;) Even the sand was frozen :eek:

Don't blame her - I don't fancy going in at -3 either!! It was great fun, thanks :)

Great photos JFTD, I've always wanted to go beach riding - although that wish may come true in the near future *bounce* :biggrin3:

Thanks! Oooh that sounds exciting - good luck getting there!

Poor J. You are so neglectful. He will think you don't love him!

O and she looked like she was going to pee her pants the first time she did too. Just incase you were all concluding she is too cool for school :p

Oi, shhh you! J knows full well I love him. when he's not being a twit :p

10322653_575980181727_1210921637191857032_n.jpg

What wonderful photos! He is extremely handsome :D

JFTD will your pony actually swim ? :cool:

Yep, he's been through floods up to his neck. He loves water and adores playing in it :) He is rather handsome, isn't he? :p

Oohhh I can't wait till we take two of ours to the beach in two weeks!! Eek!

Have fun! :)

Jesstickle

Visit site
You know if you ever didn't love J anymore you could send him to live with me. He could do trailer nannying for me! He is awesome :D

Last edited: