hydrotherapy

Frazer

Visit site
Ive had that done before, I didnt actually go with my mare, my freiend did! So not 100% of what they do, but she came back relaxed etc.. This doesn't help at all, but hope it all goes well!

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
We used it on Jonty and it was really good. They first scrub your horse's feet to within an inch of it's life as the muck affects the quality of the water. then your horse gets a nappy put on! (for obvious reasons)
You lead the horse into a building and through the empty space where the spa stands a few times, then the front is closed behind it. If it settles the back gets shut too, and you are outside on a higher level than the horse.
The water starts coming up through the floor but without any bubbles.
Once the horse is happy with this it is filled to the required depth and the jets like a jaccuzzi are turned on. The first few days she didn't mind at all, but as the time increases and the water temp is 4-6 degrees she wasn't so thrilled!
In her case it worked miracles, even her splints went down a lot , as it affects the soft tissue round the bony lumps.
I would definitely use it again.

Alex_kate

Visit site
quob its in southampton, its £25 a session
smile.gif

KatB

Visit site
Its brilliant. The place Ibrought G from was a hydro centre too, and it it very good at relieving injuries, and really promotes healing. My friends colt put his foor through a 5bar agte and shredded his legs, she sent him back over to ireland to have him treated, and it has healed amazingly. Really does seem to do amazing job, and they used to use it on Splints too, so good luck with it!!
smile.gif

jomiln

www.westendfarmstud.co.uk
Hi yes it is as henryhorn describes but usually the water temp is between 2 & 4 degrees.

We have used it successfully on a variety of different problems and the horses do seem to settle to it very well if introduced quietly and thoughtfully.

Hope all goes well with your horse