Hypothetical towing question!

superted1989

Visit site
Just to say, I'm never likely to try this as I am useless at towing!
If you have a 3.5t lorry, and a licence that gives you Cat C and towing ability, is it legal to tow a trailer with a horse onboard if you have the lorry fully equine loaded too?
From what I can work out by the pictures on my licence, it looks possible.

superted1989

Visit site
I did look on the website, and it does look like it's perfectly legal as long as maximum weights aren't exceeded.
Like I said, I'm not going to try it but it would solve the 'having to take 2 when you've only got a 3.5t'. Although, I'm sure, for safety, it would be 'better' (but not legal) to have the 3.5t slightly overweight!

cm2581

Visit site
You wouldn't need a cat c license, b+e entitlement would be sufficient so long as the gross train weight did not exceed 7.5 tonnes or the max for the towing vehicle!

Abandluc

Visit site
I doubt you could actually, not because of the license side of it but because the laden weight of the lorry would be exceeded with the trailer behind.

Also you have to check the length of the outfit, I don't know what it is but you may possibly exceed the limit or I could be talking complete b******ks!

ROG

Visit site
If you have a 3.5t lorry, and a licence that gives you Cat C and towing ability, is it legal to tow a trailer with a horse onboard if you have the lorry fully equine loaded too?
HELP IS HERE :)

Lets start with what categories you have on your photocard
????????????
B
BE
C1
C1E 107
C
CE
D1 101
D
DE
????????????

perfect11s

Visit site
If you have the right licence to tow and you dont exceed the towing capacity and or the Gross Train weight then you will be fine ..

perfect11s

Visit site
I can't find it in law :confused: but will check tomorrow with traffic.
Thought it was - as was part of the illegals when doing my class 1 a number of yrs ago.

If not law, then it should be IMHO
I dont know but wagon and drag livestock outfits are quite common and no side ramps you would have to unhitch to unload the waggon ???