I am back!! with 2 little questions :) and an update!

MrVelvet

Visit site
I have finally got a shiny new laptop :) Me and Lola are doing really well with our obedience training and she's put a bit of weight on, I will get some pics up when I can. We go on proper walks now and she literally never stops! I am still struggling to find nice foods that she likes! My feed lady has brought me some chubb... it is quite honestly the most disgusting product I have ever seen lol! Does anyone know anything about it? is it ok to feed? She has her kibble finely coated in the stuff and it's the only thing that gets her to eat a full meal. She does have raw days but only has little things as she get's overfaced with big things!

Second question - Has anyone had a stagbar, they are now in stock with my feed lady, everyone is raving about them. I can't find much online, I assume they aren't rawhide......?

Another little update - I can now leave Lola on her own if I need to go out, She goes in her crate (with her new comfy bed) with a cover over it and the TV left on, she sleeps in her crate at night on the landing too!

Naryafluffy

Visit site
Hi
Don't know about the Chubb (friend used to feed it, but that was before I was aware of all the junk on the market).
Stag Bars are brilliant, 4 weeks on my friends ridgebacks have barely made a dent in them.
They aren't rawhide they are antlers (normally deer or elk I think), they aren't prone to splintering so you can leave the dog with it and not have to worry.
They are expensive but give the length of time they are lasting they appear worth it, although to be fair hasn't saved the arm of the sofa, apparently they prefer leather!!!!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I think the Chubb is pretty crap to be honest, animal derivatives etc. I have used it occasionally to just give a bit extra to complete, you are right though it is revolting stuff. Would be preferable to add something like pilchards, tuna or fish4dogs salmon mousse .
Evie has had stag bars, she seems to blow hot and cold with them, goes mad at them for a few days then loses interest. The only thing I would say is that she did manage to chew one to a very sharp point so I had to take it away from her.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
C&P from another thread because I am a lazy biotch!

I am feeding Natural Instinct chicken mix at the moment, it is just raw chicken in an ice-cream tub for convenience, I use it as a Kong stuffing, they also do a working mix which has the bone ground in and some veg/seaweed.
Or Prize Choice does frozen blocks of tripe, chicken, fish, rabbit etc, you can get it in Pets@Home.
While I do not personally feed raw food and dry food together, these are sold as being toppers for dry food, for fussy eaters, and I am sure it could be heated up if you so desired, might encourage her to eat up a bit more.

- Both of those would be a lot nicer than Chubb. The Natural Instinct tubs, once defrosted, are very convenient and do not smell at all.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Yuk, frankly.

http://www.webboxpet...plete_food.php

Composition: Cereals, Meat and Animal Derivatives, Derivatives of Vegetable Origin, Oils and Fats, Minerals.

Additives per kg: Colourants, Preservatives, Antioxidants; Vitamins: Vitamin ! 8,000 IU, Vitamin D, 800 IU, Iron (ferrous) Sulphate 70mg, Copper (cupric) Sulphate 8mg, Manganese Sulphate 55mg, Zinc Sulphate 95mg, Calcium Iodate 1.2mg, Sodium Selenate 0.2mg

Analytical Constituents: Protein 23%, Crude Fibres 2%, Fat Content 9.5%, Crude Ash 9%.

MrVelvet

Visit site
I didn't know the ingredients as she just brought me a bit to try! The natural instinct stuff isn't too badly priced actually!!

Thanks CT I was hoping you'd comment ;) with your scientificy bit, and confirming it is infact s...h... ite :)

thanks everyone :D