I am going to rant!

Dreckly

Visit site
I have to vent and here is always a good place.

There is a local site on FB that every single day has posts from people who are either selling, looking to buy, loan or share a horse. What part of we are in a pandemic, stay home do they not understand!! And why oh why are the site allowing these posts.

There was one the other day which just blew my mind and I had to step away from the keyboard. Lady who already owns 2 horses was looking for a third, but get this. She has no money in the bank because of COVID and wants a loan!! Also wants the horse to be able to live out so feed costs are low for when she only has 50p in the bank! What planet is she on!! And a friend posted that she is an experienced owner and horse will have a lovely home and want for nothing!!!

stormox

Visit site
Agree it shouldnt be done during lockdown but I see nothing wrong in posting a 'wanted' ad - nothing ventured nothing gained, and people who dont like it can scroll on...

Scotsbadboy

Visit site
I think i saw that 50p in the bank post. I tend to just role my eyes and move on, or at the moment i use the unfollow for 30 days option which is useful or i just stop following the page.

The rest I'm not too bothered about, people are still selling, buying and viewing loan/ share horses. You just have to stop letting it wind you up. Our government are to blame for this latest c**k-up where everything and anything seems to be 'essential'
Besides being outside on a yard with your horse, a share or whatever isn't exactly the worst thing you can do right now as long as you are washing your hands, socially distancing and wiping down shared tack etc. Cant really see the issue in that to be honest (awaits flaming!)

Polos Mum

Visit site
People are making up all sorts of excuses in their minds to justify doing what they want. Yes there are plenty of loop holes but just because you can - does it mean you should.
We should be embarrassed as a nation that our inability to think of others means we have one of the highest death rates in the world - terribly sad.

Snowfilly

Visit site
You wonder what planet they are on! I get very annoyed when people post wanted adds, for perfect horse, for loan.
In other words they want a free horse, more or less.

I’ve seen the perfect horse being loaned out quite a few times though. Owner gets pregnant / goes travelling for a year / gets a nasty injury / goes to uni and doesn’t want to sell - I don’t like loaning but if I did, I’d certainly ask, because those horses do come up.

NLPM

Visit site
Our local horsey FB sites are removing adverts for anything that sellers aren't willing to post, which I think is a good move. I've seen some absolute shockers on the non-horsey sites though, been sitting on my hands all weekend to avoid rowing with my neighbors over their ridiculous 'wanted' posts.

In terms of horses still being for sale, there are sadly lots of people who find themselves with no choice at the moment but to sell up or loan and hope their circumstances improve, so I can understand some of the adverts. I'm not sure I'd be selling or loaning any of mine to someone who included in their advert that they might not be able to feed it properly though, no matter how desperate I was!

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I won’t comment on the rest, but we’re looking to buy another at the moment and while we won’t be viewing anything until restrictions lift we’ve still been trawling adverts, enquiring about any that sound suitable and creating a shortlist of horses to view as soon as we’re able to so personally I see nothing wrong with wanted ads right now.

teddypops

Visit site
You wonder what planet they are on! I get very annoyed when people post wanted adds, for perfect horse, for loan.
In other words they want a free horse, more or less.
Why do you care if it’s not affecting you? It’s not hurting anyone to ask. Anyone who wants a horse on loan will be looking for a horse to suit them, they might not get exactly what they want but might get close enough. It’s not a free horse though as they aren’t given it. They pay for all the costs and the owner can have it back at anytime.

Polos Mum

Visit site
It’s not a free horse though as they aren’t given it. They pay for all the costs and the owner can have it back at anytime.

This is certainly true. having had a v green but sweet horse on 'long term' loan which after i'd sorted saddle to fit, cured cough and thrush, had dentist (ulcers in it's mouth as never been done before), vaccs, a tonne of schooling / lessons and started getting out and about the owner wanted back at 2 days notice.
There are just as many risks for loaner as loanee !

Bonnie Allie

Visit site
FB groups attract all types and it’s the not so bright that consistently catch our attention.

These people have lived amongst us for a long time but now their stupidity is very visible.

Give yourself a digital detox and a break from the numpties. You will feel great.

........and I wouldn’t worry about people like her, no one is going to offer her a loan.

Muddywellies

Visit site
Not anyone's business really, is it?
No not really. But jolly frustrating, and what better place to get it off your chest than on here.
Whilst venting, I too am flabbergasted at the covid rule breaking I'm seeing. I've seen an awful lot of people visiting others and staying over. But in good old English style, no one is challenging them. I'm certainly not going to confront people. But I'm shocked at how many people think the rules don't matter.

Muddy unicorn

Visit site
This is a very interesting, factual article in the BMJ which is well worth a read:

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/01/0...s-has-been-misrepresented-and-why-it-matters/

Despite all the headlines and anecdotes, compliance is still remarkably high. All the hysteria about people flocking to parks and beauty spots and killer joggers etc is a distraction from the real risks of infection, the vast majority of which happens indoors, in workplaces, hospitals and care homes