Pictures I am looking for an honest and motivated trainer that like his job and not just the money

BridleLess

www.myhorserider.com
I am looking for a show jumping trainer/coach. I need a trainer able to give me a horse becouse at moment l don't have one. It doesn't matter which area he is in uk becouse l can move around. I am based in Oxford/Berkshire at moment. I am looking for an honest and motivated trainer that like his job and not just the money. Thanks

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Are you looking for an apprenticeship? Or employment with training?

If you are looking for lessons alone, then t is best to look for a BHS training centre as opposed to a riding school. Riding schools will tend (not all) to have horses and ponies who jump only to 80cm or so, whereas training centres for stage 3 and 4 will tend to have horses who can jump bigger than that.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I am looking for a show jumping trainer/coach. I need a trainer able to give me a horse becouse at moment l don't have one. It doesn't matter which area he is in uk becouse l can move around. I am based in Oxford/Berkshire at moment. I am looking for an honest and motivated trainer that like his job and not just the money. Thanks

Can I ask why you seem to be assuming the coach will be male? Do they have to be?

Visit site
I know 2 dressage coaches that will lend you there school masters to lesson on but not any showjumping coaches maybe you should look at a loan or part loan?

j1ffy

Visit site
Can I ask why you seem to be assuming the coach will be male? Do they have to be?

My thoughts exactly when I read the post title!

OP - I assume English is not your first language hence some of the clumsy wording in your post. As others have said, you will need to go to a riding school. In the area you mention there is Wellington Riding, just south of Reading, which has excellent facilities and a good reputation. I don’t know the individual instructors but I’m sure they will be dedicated and able to provide a good experience.

Reactions: TPO

BridleLess

www.myhorserider.com
No one is going to “give” you a horse. If you want lessons and don’t have you own horse you will need to find a riding school.
No one is going to “give” you a horse. If you want lessons and don’t have you own horse you will need to find a riding school.
Thanks to replay and for the informations l will look at it.

BridleLess

www.myhorserider.com
Are you looking for an apprenticeship? Or employment with training?

If you are looking for lessons alone, then t is best to look for a BHS training centre as opposed to a riding school. Riding schools will tend (not all) to have horses and ponies who jump only to 80cm or so, whereas training centres for stage 3 and 4 will tend to have horses who can jump bigger than that.
Thanks to replay and for the information. l will have a look at the Bhs training center, l think is the best solution. Thanks again

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I presumed it may be because English wasn't the OP's first language, but I may be wrong.

I did too, but I thought I should ask in case he really meant he only wanted to train with a man.

BridleLess

www.myhorserider.com
Thanks to replay. I m sorry the post sound like this. lf the coach is male or female it doesn't make any difference for me. I was sure that the nouns coach/trainer are no gender nouns. If you tell me how l have to change my Op to don't give this impression l can modify it.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Thanks to replay. I m sorry the post sound like this. lf the coach is male or female it doesn't make any difference for me. I was sure that the nouns coach/trainer are no gender nouns. If you tell me how l have to change my Op to don't give this impression l can modify it.
Don't you worry, we can understand you very well. I have no advice to give you, other than I doubt that any SJ trainer would put a pupil on their top horses. You will always have to pay for lessons, but perhaps paying a bit more would be better than just a normal riding school?

BridleLess

www.myhorserider.com
Don't you worry, we can understand you very well. I have no advice to give you, other than I doubt that any SJ trainer would put a pupil on their top horses. You will always have to pay for lessons, but perhaps paying a bit more would be better than just a normal riding school?
Thanks for your reply and l m glad you can understand well. I am agree with you , l am please to pay and pay more than a riding school if l found the right place. I am 42 years old and my riding is up to stage 4 Bhs . ( Unfortunately due the lockdown my stage 4 Bhs was cancelled, but my riding is up to that level )

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
If you look on the BHS where to train page, and look for a stage 4 centre, or some stage 3 centres, they will have sone decent jumping horses.

https://www.bhs.org.uk/enjoy-riding/find-a-place-to-train/results?q=stage+4

If you are already at a stage 4 level, you may get some work for a show jumper where instruction is included. I did this for 2 different SJers, but they won't advertise as such. I would help at shows/exercise horses in exchange for lessons. It had to be from a personal approach though. The lessons would be on green babies (as a crash test dummy lol), but some of them were decent jumpers who were new to the yard. If they were very good, I wouldn't get to jump them again.

Reactions: TPO

BridleLess

www.myhorserider.com
If you look on the BHS where to train page, and look for a stage 4 centre, or some stage 3 centres, they will have sone decent jumping horses.

https://www.bhs.org.uk/enjoy-riding/find-a-place-to-train/results?q=stage+4

If you are already at a stage 4 level, you may get some work for a show jumper where instruction is included. I did this for 2 different SJers, but they won't advertise as such. I would help at shows/exercise horses in exchange for lessons. It had to be from a personal approach though. The lessons would be on green babies (as a crash test dummy lol), but some of them were decent jumpers who were new to the yard. If they were very good, I wouldn't get to jump them again.
I know the feeling. I worked for eventing and show jumping yards and, they use to give me all sort of horses,but for me they were good intructor as well.

irishdraft

Visit site
I think Alex wyatt in benenden kent has showjumping schoolmasters available for lessons if you are able to get there I think his website is Wyatt equestrian.

BridleLess

www.myhorserider.com