I am Prince

Visit site
I thought i'd start a new thread (new beginnings and all that) however the previous thread can be found here:
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?614006-This-has-gone-on-too-long

I'm going to take some photographs of prince to document his progress every week.
So heres the start.

4v2v5c.jpg

317ihxt.jpg

a9qm9z.jpg

I also got his passport. Gutted because the sire isn't on there but i'm going to do some digging.
Here's the info for anyone that wants to dig themselves. Bear in mind the spelling mistakes are not mine but what is officially written!

Name: Prine (Partricks Diamond Dream) *Assuming this is Prince (Patricks Diamond Dream)*
Height: 16.2hh
Colour: Bay
Breed: Anglo Arab
Sire:
Dam: Ambers Dream
Date of Foaling: 14/05/1995
Place where bred: Aldham
Breeder: Mill Race Stables
Freezemark: 6DH4

atropa

Visit site
Poor guy! He looks reasonably happy and healthy now despite his condition, must know he's in good hands

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
It will be great to see his progress - I read the last thread after you had got him but didn't comment, it's a really great thing you've done for him.

Po Knee

Visit site
Poor chap. But think how fabulous he will be with some meat on his bones :)

I look forward to further updates. I don't doubt the next one will show the beginnings of an improvement.

ladyt25

Visit site
Didn't catch the end of the previous thread but think I recall some of the story anyway. Hopefully, with some decent care he'll look a totally different horse in no time.

Worringly though, I saw a horse at a show last week (doing the showjumping) with a rump not dissimilar to that in your picture. In addition, the poor horse had some big lump of a rider on him too :(

Last edited:

Lynsey&Smartie

Visit site
Poor lad he's so thin. He's very lucky that you kept pushing the owner to do something, I can't imagine how awful he would look in winter if he stayed in the same ownership, well done you!

cally6008

www.tracingequines.co.uk
Contact Farmkey .. They should be able to tell you where he was done, what year and possibly what his name was at the time
And may be able to forward your details to previous owners to trace his history

Visit site
Hello! You can guess where i've been all day :p
Today Prince had a wormer. EquiMax at the advice of the wormer dispenser.
He also had his mane pulled and a small detol wipeover. Pictures later, i forgot! He was ecstatic to see the other horses again!

Visit site
He looks like a tb to me, not an anglo arab.....

Here's a picture of him in full fattness. I think he looks cleaveland bay.
2nsca5c.jpg

Contact Farmkey .. They should be able to tell you where he was done, what year and possibly what his name was at the time
And may be able to forward your details to previous owners to trace his history
He was done with the previous owner. He'd had him since a 10 month old colt so really its just the breeder, him and now me!

A huge well done to you! Looking forward to updates and photos :)
Thank you very very much everyone, but I'm certain you all would have done it in my shoes!

ebonyallen

Visit site
Well done you, that is a fantastic thing you have done. What a lucky horse Prince is now to have been given a second chance with you. Every horse deserves to be truly loved and cared for and at long last Prince has got his chance. Look forward to seeing more updates on the pair of you :biggrin3:

TandD

Visit site
Last edited:

Po Knee

Visit site
Hello! You can guess where i've been all day :p
Today Prince had a wormer. EquiMax at the advice of the wormer dispenser.
He also had his mane pulled and a small detol wipeover. Pictures later, i forgot! He was ecstatic to see the other horses again!

Is it later yet? We need pics of the boy :)