I am so happy my rotten apple (livery) has finally left!!!!

eoe

Visit site
Well I never thought I would see the day, being a YM is not easy when you have a rotten apple on the yard who is very clever in the way she manipulates people, but never steps over the line so you can ask her to leave and when liveries leave they make up some feeble excuse, but you know the real reason and can't just ask someone to leave without evidence.

Well she finally left at the weekend, unfortunately she took 3 of my nicer liveries with her, they will soon learn what she is like come winter, she has also stolen some of my property but really can't be bothered to get it back as I am so glad to see the back of her. Whoever has got her know is more than welcome to her.

In all my years and they amount to a lot, have I met someone like this and hope that I never meet anyone like that again. It was surprising that the rest of my liveries have now voiced their pleasure at her exit and have now told me some of the things that she had said and done. I now have a very happy yard of liveries although it does mean I have now had to advertise to fill up empty boxes, but hey ho its worth it.

eoe

Visit site
In all my years I have never had one, so it was a shock to inherit one and have to deal with it, I must have been very lucky with the yards before this one. It must be something about North Essex, as in South and Mid Essex never had this experience before.

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
How unprofessional, to post like this.
You won't see me posting anything about the yard where I livery on here, I have more discretion.
laugh.gif

S
grin.gif

Nosey

Visit site
We had one like this - a slow burner - who everyone thinks is wonderful initially then she starts being sneakier and sneakier...stealing feed, hay, bedding, borrowing w/o asking + damaging things then denying any involvement, lying and stirring. Everyone thinks she is so nice to start with that they can't quite believe it so when she left us I am sure she told everyone how dreadfully mean we were...but all will be revealed in time. It was hard to get rid of her too!! Enjoy the nice atmosphere - it made a huge improvement when ours left our little yard!

bailey14

Visit site
I would say that in my experience for every bad livery there is there are two bad Y.O 's. I like it where I am but sometimes I find it very frustrating, especially if you get blamed for things all the time when you are only one of many, many people who all feel the same! Your livery may have been bad, but usually there is a reason why they are unhappy and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it out. Obviously I don't condone stealing, especially from other liveries as that is wrong. Did you not feel like you could have comfronted your livery and asked he/she what they disliked about your yard instead of them having to make a point by leaving. Its a shame your liveries didn't voice their opinions as to your 'bad apple' at the time, of course they probably feel safe now that she has gone. I don't know you so I can't judge whetehr you are a good YO or not, but to come on here and start sl**ging off previous liveries is a bit of a shame, when they have made a lot of money for you previously. x

Queenbee

Visit site
we have one too... she is going soon and we can't wait, we have planned a HUGE BBQ to celebrate after she has left.

Janetterose

Visit site
My experience of YOs has been really good but have had some awfully manipulative liveries and they have not wanted to get involved which is sill really because they will lose good liveries as a result.

Its also hard where there is some doubt and its just someones word against another and I think its fine to post frustrations here.

DTMDAN

Visit site
I don't understand some of the posts here.

If you have a bad YO/YM you can leave, it really is that simple if not always easy. It's your choice and your money after all. However, if you have a quite, disruptive, manipulative livery that doesn't break the rules but makes the whole feeling on the yard unpleasent it is not that easy. Many yards up and down the country have these people and YO's can only make the best of it and hope they leave soon. I have nothing but sympathy for these people who make a living under these circumstances.

I also don't see what the problem is posting on here? No one was named so whats the problem? I think it is interesting to see from the other side as we have had loads of posts about mad and bad YO's.

Equus Leather

www.virtualdressage.co.uk
his is why you should have a claus in your livery contract stating that YM has the final say about whether you stay or go...something along the lines of fitting in with the yard. It's your yard, and unless you are desparate for her money, you should have asked her to leave a long time ago.