I am SOOO Angry- WARNING

dominobrown

Visit site
I have had a rug stolen off my horse today. Its a black (with white check) 6'6 mark todd lightweight turnout rug, which was stolen off her back today in the pouring rain.
If you see this rug in the upcoming Wigton horse sales it's mine!! :mad::mad:
I am in Cumbria.... others beware.
I cannot not believe the B@st@rds would do this :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

dominobrown

Visit site
I probably never will, and I know there is nothing I can do, but whoever it is they are disgusting. Its one things to steal from a house or tack room, but off the horse's back in the pouring rain!

jrp204

Visit site
God, some people are awful!! Last week someone had their wedding on the farm, thieves broke into the marquee and locked trailer the night before and stole the champagne and food. Bar stewards!!
Hope your rug turns up and your horse is ok. What is it with people??

YasandCrystal

Visit site
so sorry OP I would be furious. The only thing you can do is paint your postcode across any replacement rug I suppose that may deter thieves. You know we had a spates of thefts of energisers and the like and my WB was so aggressive I really willed a thief to dare enter his paddock at the time as he was better than any trained guard dog.

Kenzo

Visit site
Makes you sick doesn't it, I can still remember how fuming I was when both my saddles were stolen, nothing quite gets under your skin than a cowardly theft!

Greylegs

Visit site
Trouble is you can't even insure rugs either so even more of a pain. Really sorry you've had to go through this. <<<< big hugs from me >>>>

Echo Bravo

Visit site
A great reminder to get my bright yellow paint out next week and do my new rugs. I had a rug nicked off the back of my mare and I know who nicked it the person I bought it off :(as my mare knew her and would have stood for her to take it off, anyone else she would have kicked or bitten. :D

Doormouse

Visit site
At least you still have the horse!:p

Sorry, couldn't resist. Seriously, you can't believe that anyone would just go and take a rug from someone's horse apart from anything else they could have been kicked to pieces. Then no doubt they would have tried to sue you!

Hope you find it.

Costypop

Visit site
I've been told that knick things like rugs to order, we had a few by me last winter, all the same sort of sized horse and all good brands, who ever they were, they didn't like the cheap stuff!

RobinHood

Visit site
Agree this is the most annoying thing, how dare they!!!??? We have them stolen multiple times every winter, sometimes they only take a few, other nights 20+. It makes no difference how much we deface the rugs with gloss paint, we've tried postcodes, surnames, "I have ringworm", they still steal them!

We've even had them stolen off fully clipped horses in the snow. Last winter we tried putting manky old rugs in top of decent ones, they just took them both off and dumped the old ones in a ditch.

The only thing you can try is visiting your local camp for people of no fixed abode. There are horses tethered near us next to a camp and they give our rugs back if we spot them on their horses, madness.

Gingersmum

Visit site
Agree this is the most annoying thing, how dare they!!!??? We have them stolen multiple times every winter, sometimes they only take a few, other nights 20+. It makes no difference how much we deface the rugs with gloss paint, we've tried postcodes, surnames, "I have ringworm", they still steal them!

We've even had them stolen off fully clipped horses in the snow. Last winter we tried putting manky old rugs in top of decent ones, they just took them both off and dumped the old ones in a ditch.

The only thing you can try is visiting your local camp for people of no fixed abode. There are horses tethered near us next to a camp and they give our rugs back if we spot them on their horses, madness.
/\ my goodness ! I would have to move ! Couldn't cope with this

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
Sad to have it happen to the poor horses.
A local riding school I used to do repairs for on site used to be happy when a horse ripped it's rug requiring me to patch it up.
They asked me to put different colour patches on so it wouldn't match the original.
So you'd have horses in blue rugs with bright red patches etc!
Was a real eyesore but it helped stop the thefts of rugs off the horses, that and gloss paint thrown on them, anything to make them look unattractive and non sellable.
They took several off one night before this here on the North Downs in the ice and snow in temps of minus 15, utter scum.

horseluver4eva

Visit site
Sorry to hear that some people really are awful! There seems to be a lot of things like that happening around cumbria, im scared to leave my horse out during the night now. Too close to home...

vickyb

Visit site
Scum are everywhere. My partner's expensive mountain bike was stolen from a locked garage - only thing taken among many things that were of potential value. It's the thought that someone has seen something of yours, and thought 'right, I'm having that'. Stealing from horses is nothing new. In the seventies I regularly had headcollars, feed buckets and even water buckets stolen from fields, rugs taken from horses backs (yes, those horrible green heavy new zealands), and anything that wasn't locked up/taken home would vanish. I could never do that to someone. There is no morality for some people.

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
Post coding sometimes works but at our old place, the ones stolen appeared on the travellers horses quite openly a couple of weeks later complete with postcodes.

Police unwilling to do anything about it, so they get away with it. The only saving grace is that their horses were warm.

If they'd asked for some old spare horse rugs they could have had them, they didn't have to nick the new ones...:-(((

benson21

Visit site
Just make sure you dont replace it with a brand spanking new one!!! The people who have nicked it obviously know you will be getting another, and may well come back for that one, so I would put a tatty old thing on for now!

Coldfeet!

Visit site
I have had a rug stolen off my horse today. Its a black (with white check) 6'6 mark todd lightweight turnout rug, which was stolen off her back today in the pouring rain.
If you see this rug in the upcoming Wigton horse sales it's mine!! :mad::mad:
I am in Cumbria.... others beware.
I cannot not believe the B@st@rds would do this :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

If it is one thing I hate its theiving! Im sorry this has happened, I was on a livery not so long ago and came up in the evening unexpectedly to find my horses nets emptied of the haylage! The horse stood with nothing to eat I actually had to padlock the net closed and clip the padlock to the tie up ring in the week it took me to move! I do hope you get it back!