I am suffering with new horse nerves, need physical help

Archiesmummy

Visit site
I have owned horses for the last decade and in that time have taken on mainly sad and sorry, mistreated or problematic horses, I would class myself as a saver. I am a very happy hacker.

I recently became the proud owner of a beautiful gelding, very kind natured, broken this year and I didn't doubt I couldn't manage.

Well I am suffering with new horse nerves and am looking for a kind, caring trainer who will take me for who I am, very laid back, got a bit of my own style of riding going on, who is happy to help with bitless training. Who will help me, perhaps ride my boy a few times and move us both forward.

If you know of a reputable person, with a good proven track record, not necessarily with lots of exams, but someone who has been in the business a fair time and knows exactly what they are doing. I am sorry, but this is something I need to right and need someone accomplished at both horse and owner training.

Located in Hampshire, GU31 postcode. I am of course happy to pay but not able to pay extortionate rates, perhaps someone who is happy to see a positive outcome than lots of pounds in their pocket as I am not rich.

Bernster

Visit site
Hiya, can't help in terms of a trainer but didn't want to read and run. Hope you find someone and well done for recognising you need some help and trying to do something about it. Maybe try local Facebook groups as well?

Shay

Visit site
You can check out the local NH trainers? I'm not far from you and worked with one (sadly since retired) not long ago. It might be a place to start. Also perhaps re-post in the regional boards? There is a P**** trainer in the GU area - I can't recommend.

Mike007

Visit site
How near surrey are you? For what you need ,I cant think of anyone better than Steve Banting . If you cant find his number online PM me. I suspect he has a web site because his son is into all that stuff. He is a professional but he seems to specialize in rider nerves and worrys. He is very good and very well trained if you want more too. A true horseman and understands people ,a rare combination!