I am writing this from the couch...

Fiagai

Visit site
Ok so I was hunting and somehow ended up underneath my horse! Being pressed into a very muddy field with horse sitting on top...so long story short I apparently lost consciousness. Short stay in hospital but the news is good - they couldn't find anything too serious. Cant remember too much about what happened but other people have been filling me in with details - all at variance with each other! I am taking ample amounts of painkillers although my poor hunt coat may need the intervention of a power hose or something. And for those who I will know ask the inevitable question - yes the horse is fine.... ;)

brucethegypsycob

Visit site
well you sound ok so thats good. and i`ll bet the stories you get told will grow ever bigger every day. I dont mean to be horrible but you have put a smile on my face tonight. baileys and chocs definately needed - although with painkillers you might sleep a wee bit too well lol

gunnergundog

Visit site
Take care....you have my sympathy

Little story to make you smile.....I took a real purler last season when a bridge collapsed and I ended up in a ditch with my horse on top; all was well until ned decided to get up and use me as a springboard. Long story short....discharged, yard sent groom to my home to check up on me and walk my dogs, take care of me and ensure I didn't do owt daft. After they left I got in car and drove to nearest saddlers to buy temporary replacement for my hunt coat that had been trashed as there was another meet 48 hours hence that was one of the 'must dos' of the season. Having accomplished said purchase I got into the WRONG car! Not sure who was most shocked...myself or the woman and child in the back seat! In my defence, it was the same make/colour vehicle!

Last edited:

Tzarinaarabians

Visit site
Goodness, poor you. Glad you werent seriously hurt though and the ned is ok. Sure you'll be fighting fit and raring to go out again soon. Not sure where you are in the country, but with the filthy weather we've got here, sitting on the sofa sounds like an excellent idea!

Gunnergundog, your story did make me smile -not about you being trashed into the ditch, glad you were ok and making plans to go out again 48hrs later (thats the sort of thing I'd do, plenty of stiff upper British lip and broad shoulders),- but about getting into the wrong car on your return. Poor Mother, probably thought you were about to abduct her child

Alec Swan

Visit site
Thanks everyone - taking it easy for a few days....

but I'll be back...;)

I've only just found this, and I'm sorry to hear of your tumble. Actually, it sounds worse than that, in that tumbles hurt and heavy falls, tend not to, until much later!

I wish you a speedy recovery, and I hope that you're being waited upon, hand and foot!! ;)

Alec.

CrazyMare

Visit site
Having accomplished said purchase I got into the WRONG car! Not sure who was most shocked...myself or the woman and child in the back seat! In my defence, it was the same make/colour vehicle!

I did that without falling or bashing my head....In my defence, black Focus estates are very common!!!

Now going to put my work hat on.....Please avoid alcohol after a bash on the head - particularly if you lost conciousness. A couple of months of no alcohol preferably!!

Alcohol and brain injuries don't mix, even mild ones.

Work hat off now...