I came 2nd in the RoR & BD Elite Dressage!!!!!

sperks93

Visit site
I can't quite get over it, I just got a letter in the post, my aborable little TB racehorse and I have won £500 by clocking up 60 BD points between Sept 08 to Aug 09! My family and I have been given free tickes to the British Breeders dinner in London so I can go collect my prize! Hyper with excitement now - I love that horse!!
smile.gif
:):):):):):):):)

Here is a pic of my amazing boy in action!
img0292.jpg

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
well done!!!! lovely pic.

can you tell me a bit more about the series-do you have to be ROR reg? mine is an ex racer too, and obv BD reg but dont know what else i have to do to be eligable? thanks in advance
smile.gif

sperks93

Visit site
I think they will be running another serise this year, last year it ran from the 1st Sept 2008 to the 31st August 2009 and the BD points of RoR horses gained in this peroid of time are added up and ranked. 1st prize is £1500, 2nd is £500 and 3rd is £300. Just to give you a rough idea, the winner this year gained 75 points, I gained 60 points and 3rd had 55 points. You will need to register with RoR which is quick and easy to do on their website, you just need you're horse's Wetherby's number and they will send you a memership card and number in the post. Then all you need to do is write to Harriet Best at BD with you're RoR and BD membership details and she will enter you for the awards. You don't need to be entered for the scheme at the start(1st Sept) you have untill the end of September of the following year to enter as the results will all be taken off you're BD record. Hope this all makes sense!
wink.gif

Good Luck!

xxx

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
computer has eaten my reply!!!!!

thanks for the info, thats great.

not sure how many points ill get in 2010 as will mainly be doing the young horse stuff in the first half of the year but will get stuck in as i want to promote ex racers as much as possible.

thanks again, and good luck in the next series
smile.gif

HensPens

Visit site
It's free to join RoR and it's a tenner if you want to register to compete in their classes, I joined as I just wanted it registed that a use had been found for him after racing (spoilt pet wannabe dressage pony!).

You must be so proud! Lovely horse btw!

Can I just ask about your bit, it looks like it's a really small loose ring, is it? Or is it just my eyes? If it is a smaller loose ring is there a reason for that?

sperks93

Visit site
It's a KK lozenge dressage bit with a sweet copper mouthpiece, horse loves it - luckily it came with him as they are about £70.00 to buy new! Yes the rings on it are smaller than the standard loose ring that I use for hacking - not really sure why!!! My PSG horse's bridoon on his double bridle is really small aswell, again it came with him but trainer says I need to get a bridoon with larger rings as they are even smaller that the ones on the KK bit and we don't want them sliding through his mouth!

xxx

humblepie

Visit site
Very well done. He looks lovely. We won one of the other awards a couple of years back and had a fab time at the awards dinner. Enjoy yourself!