Pictures I cannot believe I am posting this - RIP Arizona

EarsofaSnowman

Visit site
So sorry to read your posts. Hope your OH is recovering well, and you're both able to take a little time out for yourselves, and to spend time with M & M.

AandK

Visit site
Oh I am so very sorry to read this, utterly heartbreaking. I hope your OH is feeling better this morning. Take care of yourselves.

onemoretime

Visit site
Arizona broke her leg in the field today and there was nothing that we could do for her.

To say that I am devastated is an understatement.

They were all grazing quietly on flat ground, and the other two didn’t appear to move at all but when I turned around after weeding for a few minutes (maybe 3-4min) Arizona was down and couldn’t get up.

My husband and I were with her immediately and the vet was there in 20 min.

The vet could find no sign of anything to trip over or any ruts but the bone had shattered totally both above and below the knee.

Arizona was a bit away from the other two so there was no scuffle or kick. No one can find any cause.

I am completely in shock. I don’t even know what to do with myself.

She was every hope and dream embodied, with the kindest, gentlest disposition and the most exquisite, soft foal nose. I will miss my cuddles in the morning, her beautiful floating movement, her long eyelashes and quiet whickering greetings.

Words can’t express what we have lost.

View attachment 76408
OMG Im so dreadfully sorry, what a dreadful shock. x

j1ffy

Visit site
What a shock, how awful for you and your husband. So so sorry for your loss.

I'm glad to read your hubby is ok, what a wonderful man he must be.

Mule

Visit site
I'm glad about your husband, that's a big relief. I'm so sorry about Arizona, you must be in a state of shock. Life can be so unfair sometimes xx

ponyparty

Visit site
So, so sorry to read this awful news. Your second post about your husband had me in tears sitting waiting for the obligatory 15 mins after my Pfizer jab - I must have looked very odd but I don’t care. The utter devastation you must be feeling! Heartbroken for you. So glad your hubby has had the all clear. Sending love and strength to you both.