Pictures I cannot believe I am posting this - RIP Arizona

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Arizona broke her leg in the field today and there was nothing that we could do for her.

To say that I am devastated is an understatement.

They were all grazing quietly on flat ground, and the other two didn’t appear to move at all but when I turned around after weeding for a few minutes (maybe 3-4min) Arizona was down and couldn’t get up.

My husband and I were with her immediately and the vet was there in 20 min.

The vet could find no sign of anything to trip over or any ruts but the bone had shattered totally both above and below the knee.

Arizona was a bit away from the other two so there was no scuffle or kick. No one can find any cause.

I am completely in shock. I don’t even know what to do with myself.

She was every hope and dream embodied, with the kindest, gentlest disposition and the most exquisite, soft foal nose. I will miss my cuddles in the morning, her beautiful floating movement, her long eyelashes and quiet whickering greetings.

Words can’t express what we have lost.

1BAE2E82-4C53-4A27-A7E1-5814655F5BE1.jpeg

adamntitch

Visit site
so sorry was loving following your posts about her just shows can try as hard to protect them but things can still happen xxx

Last edited:

palo1

Visit site
I am so sorry - how utterly devastating. I can't think of anything to say except that thank goodness she had you there. Dear sweet, beautiful Arizona. Utterly awful for you and heartbreaking. Please look after yourselves xx

Marnie

Visit site
I'm so very sorry, having lost my mare very suddenly recently, I know how hard it is.

Thinking of you xxx

PSD

Visit site
Oh my goodness I am devastated for you. Massive hugs, sleep tight little one xx