I cant believe some people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_daisy_

Visit site
i really cant believe the audacity of some people. It started Wednesday.
crazy.gif

Flighty came home Sunday, and was put straight out in the field with her Best Friend grazing muzzle. There is no way this pony can graze in the field she is in without it as she is a cronic laminitic without it. This is normal for this pony to be muzzled. She is happy and contented being out with her friends with it on, and has been out in this field since spring.
So:
Wednesday morning everythin OK.
grin.gif

Wednesday night throatlash undone but muzzle still on
confused.gif
- refasten it - everything now ok
grin.gif

Thursday morning everything OK
grin.gif

Thursday night - muzzle no where to be seen
crazy.gif
- oh yes its hung on the gate all fastened up
mad.gif
- check pony over, re muzzle - everything now OK
grin.gif

Friday morning everything ok - pony happen - all feet ok
grin.gif

Friday night - muzzle no where to be seen
confused.gif
- oh yes its hung on the gate all fastened up
mad.gif
- check pony over, remuzzle pony - everything now OK
grin.gif

There is no way in this earth that Flighty could have taken her muzzle off as i put her fly mask over the top of it. Her fly mask has been on everytime we have got to her - the same fitting as i put it on.

Why are there some people who insist on sticking their beak in. Do they not know how life threatening it could be for her? If they have a problem with her being muzzled why dont they go speak to the farmer and ask him why its muzzled - ive told him why so hed be able to tell them.

Im absolutely fuming - just in the process of typing signs so i can laminate them and put them all round the field. (Even thinking about attaching one to her muzzle- obviously safe so it doesnt scare her or get caught anywhere) How does this sound:

"Do not remove this ponys' muzzle. If you do it will kill her. If you have any concerns please ring..... or ..... immediately"
also been thinking about putting at the bottom

"if you do decide to take the muzzle off, then please leave your credit card details so i can charge the vet bill etc to you and youll realise the other reason shes muzzled!!!!"

_daisy_

Visit site
Shes kept in a field belonging to a farmer about 10 mins from my house and about 1 min from my stables. Its next to a road and the farmer keeps an eye on them all in the day for my whilst he looks after his cows, milling about in the field. He calls me if there is a problem. Obviously he must think ive taken the muzzle off.

Problem this year (not had it last year) is that the walkers who use the footpath which runs down the outside of the field have decided its easier to walk through the field - oh and they then complain when my youngster chases them!!!!!! Its got to be a walker thts doing it

Rachel_M

Visit site
Do they have a right of way??? Bloody cheek!
mad.gif

I think the best you can do is warn the farmer about this and make those signs, laminate them and put them in clear sight.

I tell you, I wouldn't dare go into someone elses field, let alone mess with thier animals!!!
shocked.gif

Good luck.

_daisy_

Visit site
no they dont. The footpath goes along the bottom of the field they then have to cross over to the next field and walk all the way along the side of the wall to get into the field that runs along the top of my field.

Signs printed and laminated - just wondering if my dad has got lots of tie clips or the string will have to come out.

i wouldnt dare go into anyones field and mess around with their horse (obviously if it was in danger then i wwould try to help it)
thanks and see how we go over the weekend

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
ialso been thinking about putting at the bottom

"if you do decide to take the muzzle off, then please leave your credit card details so i can charge the vet bill etc to you and youll realise the other reason shes muzzled!!!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely bloody well do it! These so called animal-lover-know-it-nothings get right up my a*s as much as the know-it-alls!!!

_daisy_

Visit site
HI G,
yes seriously thinking about it but dont think it would go down very well but why should i care im the one that they are going to be hurting(well along with Flighty) cos its me that will end up looking after her when shes ill and mum will paying the bill. I could understand if they called the RSPCA or ILPH out because at least they would tell them there is nothing wrong with Flighty. Yes shes slim but i cant have her fat. She doesnt look ill or underweight, just slim but she would look stupid fat and then theyd probably report me for having an obese pony. You can never win can you.

hows Ludo?

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
Exactly, why don't people ask why she's wearing a muzzle or like you say call the "authorities" but some people just think they rule the world and know better than everyone else!

Ludo is doing well, just posted some pics in here taken yesteray of the slimline version.

_daisy_

Visit site
they obviously think im a bad mummy for treating her this way when her 2 field companions dont have muzzles on. I think id prefer the authorities to come and see me rather than them taking it on themselves to sort the problem out.

just replied to your post

_daisy_

Visit site
i had thought about getting some information off the net and leaving it in a placcie wallet for them to read - maybe they could sit down (in my field) and have a picnic (in my field with the ponies in there too) whilst they read it!
wink.gif
wink.gif

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
You should try and catch them and confront them! What cheek to interfere, when they could cause pain. I can't stand people who think they know everything. Definitely leave up signs, and tell farmer.

EllieBeast

Visit site
i would leave a note to say that ' if you have any qualms about the way my animals are kept, please feel free to call any animal charity/authority, but please do not intervene yourself. for fear of you damaging yourself/my animals.'
as you have absolutely no reason to worry about what an RSPCA officer would say - you are saving your animal from suffering FFS - then it is always better to say this, which gives the unhorsey public an assurance that you know how you keep them is far more than adequate. bl**dy nosey ^(&^$)67's

Sarah xXx - sorry if this doesnt make much sence, i am trying out a new calmer for humans - red wine

SpruceRI

Visit site
Yeah... I'd put a sign up on the gate stating the reason why the pony is wearing a muzzle, an explanation of laminitis and a picture of a horse with that awful lami stance. At the bottom put " IF YOU CONTINUE TO TAKE THE GRAZING MUZZLE OFF MY PONY HE WILL HAVE TO BE SHUT IN A STABLE FOR 16HRS A DAY - SO HANDS OFF, BUGGER OFF AND KEEP AWAY FROM MY HORSES".....trespassers will be shot....

Rachel_M

Visit site
You know what, I have just remembered a good idea-

There is a lady in the papers at the moment who was asked to take down a sign that read something like "Our dogs are fed on Jahovas Witnesses!"

You could just change it around to " WARNING, OUR HORSES FED ON TRESSPASSING RAMBLERS!"
tongue.gif

You could try it!

_daisy_

Visit site
audrey - id love to camp out. Been up this morning and just got back from them - she still ahs the muzzle on - ive attached signs all way round field and especially on all gates. Ive even made a credit card size one and put in on the side of her muzzle - just in case the interfering busy body misses the signs in the field!!

if i find out who it is or see the person removing the mask ill be up to them in a shot

_daisy_

Visit site
totally agree with you EB. i have no qualms with someone reporting me to either ILPH or RSPCA as i know i am doing right by all my horses. As mentioned before yes she is slim but not under weight. You cant see any of her ribs etc but she is slim. She came to me very obese and as a result got lammi within weeks of me having her. This year i am doing my upmost to stop Flighty getting it as it is so upsetting seeing her suffer with the pain.

red wine= good calmer LOL

_daisy_

Visit site
im sure that the person who is removing the mask must have a reason for doing so. However im thinking that the kids are off on holidays so maybe theyre interferring?
Would they not prefer to see Flighty happily grazing with her friends with the muzzle on than stuck in a stable 24/7 in agony with lammi.
Stupid b****y ignorant t***s

Snowberry

Visit site
Are they actually removing the mask or maybe they are finding it in the field as they walk past and just move it???

If they are deliberately removing it I would stick up some signs saying CCTV in operation etc. I'd probably be tempted to stick a sign up that says enter at your own risk - mating bull in field!! (bulls usually scare most ramblers off!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
)
Some bloody people are jsut bloody stupid!

_daisy_

Visit site
well i cannot see Flighty being able to remove the muzzle. I put her fly mask over the top of it and everytime we have found the muzzle its hanging on the gate fully fastened. Yes someone might be finding it and hanging it up for me to find easily but someone must be taking it off in the first place.
love the bull thing - maybe if it continues ill try it
wink.gif

well have to see if the signs work and if its taken off either this weekend or next week when im back at work.

allijudd

Visit site
people are just so ignorant......

unfortunatly with this right to roam crap...people just think they have the right to roam everywhere.....including through horsey feilds then complain thye get chased!.....grrrr!

what about a note saying...these horse are dangerous and contagoius approach at your own risk.

_daisy_

Visit site
hate the right to roam crap.
thing is 2 people have approached me recently to ask where my big horse has gone because they can now happily walk through the field without either them or their dogs getting chased.WTF dont walk through the F****** field. It is not a public footpath.
Am thinking of fencing the footpath bit of the field off hoping they might get the hint.